Re: IMG 1.9 in VHO 8 Status
markhil
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am very upset about the delay of IMG 1.9.  I first thought that our  VHO 8 would have 1.9 by the end of April.  I updated my boxes and purchased an external USB eSata drive back in February in anticipation of getting 1.9.  Received email notice that new 1.9 was almost here a week or so ago.  Update was suppose to happen July 26th, but no another delay. Today it is being written that our VHO 8

is now being pushed back at least 1 + months.  Another thing that really upsets me is the email I recently received from VZ about the

Internet "enhancement" which is taking away the option of uploading files to my website site via FTP.  Anyone who has a website knows that FTP is critical for mantaining a website. Verizon has the gall to call this an "enhancement"  Because of this enhancement I had to buy a domain and pay to have my website hosted at another company.  Verizon's "enhancement" is costing me over $130 for the next three years.  Between the 1.9 IMG rollout delays and the "enhancement" I'm thinking about doing my own "ehancement"and dropping all Verizon services.

0 Likes
ciucca

Not giving NJ the update after I was promised 1.9 in order to allow my eSATA to operate is unacceptable.  I agree to sign up for a mutil room DVR middle of July,  and was promised that the eSATA would be working by 7/31 guranteed is what the CSR said.

If the software is not updated in DAC 9 next week, I will be filing complaints with the NJ board of public utilities and the BBB, and anyone else I can think of.  It will make no difference but at least it will make verizon waste resources answering the complaints. 

I signed up for an extra 2 year contract under the agreement that the eSATA would be availbe by 7/31. THIS is a BREECH of contract, what is Verizon's penalty?  They should pay me an ETF!

0 Likes
Kenboy
Contributor - Level 1

I'm also in VHO 7, and am also very upset by this latest delay. Please add me to the list of people who will need an ASAP push of 1.9 in order to be made a happy customer.

0 Likes
donaldm823
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also in VHO 8, and am also very upset by this latest delay. Please add me to the list of people who will need an ASAP push of 1.9 in order to be made a happy customer.

I have been a good soldier and keeping mum about the numerous delays of 1.9.  Please send it my way soon.  Do not bypass the Philly area.

ttyler1999

I agree and commiserate with this sentiment completely.

I also feel like a sucker because I just bought a new HD from Amazon which just showed up today.

Please do not keep up waiting any more!!!

0 Likes
ranger1122

I'm in agreeance with everyone here... the delays on this are UNACCEPTABLE, someone should at least let people know what the delay is about. I understand that not all FIOS customers are aware of the new version, but some have been waiting for some time.

At least let people opt-in to the beta program as I'd be more than happy to have it as I've been waiting for the MRDVR to DVR for some time now with promises it's "coming soon"

0 Likes
steely
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with all above.  I am in VHO8 (Mercer County, NJ) and am completely fed up with the ineptitude.  Select "testers" right here in VHO 8 have had 1.9 for many months already and it's been rolled out to a few entire VHOs.  We were next in line, supposed to get it last week....then BOOM, "on hold" until some mysterious future date for some even more mysterious reason.  Not cool.

Then again, pulling channels we used to get out of the Extreme HD 2009 channel lineup while leaving them in the less expensive Prime HD lineup wasn't cool either.

0 Likes
benneyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list of very dis-satisfied customers as well.  I've also bided my time, and bitten my tongue.  Now, after this fiasco, Fios is going to have to "do something for me" if they want me to stay.  I want the ability to attache external storage that has been promised for ages, and not delivered.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Not giving NJ the update after I was promised 1.9 in order to allow my eSATA to operate is unacceptable.  I agree to sign up for a mutil room DVR middle of July,  and was promised that the eSATA would be working by 7/31 guranteed is what the CSR said.

If the software is not updated in DAC 9 next week, I will be filing complaints with the NJ board of public utilities and the BBB, and anyone else I can think of.  It will make no difference but at least it will make verizon waste resources answering the complaints. 

I signed up for an extra 2 year contract under the agreement that the eSATA would be availbe by 7/31. THIS is a BREECH of contract, what is Verizon's penalty?  They should pay me an ETF!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you guys crazy???

Verizon CSR guaranteed you  IMG 1.9 by 7/31???

What amazed me the most that you are being so naive that you actually believe what Verizon promised to you - that's very funny. Verizon never ever kept it's promises don't you know that. CSR promised you new IMG by 7/31 but he did not mention a year... Who knows maybe by the 7/31/ 2021 they may be able to fulfill the promise..

THIS IS VERIZON GUYS, DON"T FORGET IT - CHAMPION OF BROKEN PROMISES!!!

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I did the search as noted in this feed. Came across the possibility of a strike for some or all of Verizon employee's. Which sucks, Cause I know this will again put a "HOLD" on distribution of 1.9a, Yet again. I believe there is an effective date of Aug. 7, 2011 that this strike will take place if an agreement can't be made on some new contracts for these workers cannot be made. Actually I believe they went on strike already, but the Aug. 7th date is an important date for things to move forward. But my ? here is can't they push the 1.9a out to all the markets before all this legal mumbo jumbo takes place and contract settled or are we(Verizon Customers) going to have to wait until this contract situation is settled before we'll see rollout of 1.9a again?

0 Likes