Re: IMG 1.9 in VHO 8 Status
alden
Contributor - Level 1

alden wrote:

Joe Ambeaault wrote:

It is coming. Usually takes 2-3 months to get it to everyone. The clock started the first week of July. So 1 month down, which means everyone that doesn't have it yet gets it in 1-2 months.

__________________________________________________​__________________________________________

So now, when Verizon employees went on strike, rollout will stop?  I am sure it will. Very good reason for you, Joe to say - sorry guys, it's beyond our control - there is no CSR to respond, so no rollout unless srike will be over. Admit it Joe - we not gonna get IMG 1.9 this year...

There is always excuse for you guys, always. If I will do my job at my company like Verizon did with rollout... well I would be fired  already. 

You might not see it this year, correct. 

You see,  Joe I was right all along!!!! Just a week ago you said everybody will get 1.9 by Haloween! Then I asked Haloween of what year? At the very least, by Haloween of 2013 will we get 1.9, Joe?

With a very, very slooooow pace of rollout  I doubt it ...

0 Likes
robgettier
Enthusiast - Level 3

If this is for real and this software update will drag into 2012, it very well may be time to give DirecTV a call.  I really do not want to do this, but there is just no continued justification for not having this software now.  

DirecTV has it warts too, but when I was a customer with them, I recall the software always having the latest tools as compared to other providers.

0 Likes
jkrums1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Waiting, waiting, waiting....... maybe some day IMG 1.9 will come....... more and more I become doubtfull. The cable company has stepped up thier offer and it looks like it may be better at this point. 

Today I had to spend forever on the phone because the basic features I have with the existing IMG aren't working - this is getting frustrating. The automated assistant the makes you do steps as you wait is KILLER. Then you have to go through a million steps with a agent - who basically doesn't even understand what you are asking. 

So I do not have the features I pay for - and i lost ALL my favorites because of the troubleshooting throught he automated phone system. 

This is so not what I signed up for. I thought Verizon would be better than this, I was incorrect. 

As a build my new family room I wonder if it isn't time to switch back to the local cable company or directtv

0 Likes
raptor87

This forum is intense. I just moved from a state that had no FIOS availability and had it installed today. The new 1.9 img looks like its really going to be great but 1.8 is lightyears ahead of anything cable companies offer... at least where im from.

0 Likes
Joeb9121
Enthusiast - Level 2

How aggravating is this, that I need to get information from other Verizon customers. I asked customer support about this 1.9 release, and the agent couldn't answer, instead advised me to put my name on the contact list to be notified when a new dvr model is available.

jkrums1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When i first got fios i was impressed by thier support and lately it seems just a alck lustre effort to placate the suckers ... err customers..... into just one more month of service. This is a game I am used to with the competition but I did not expect from Verizon. I was mistaken. 

0 Likes
jkrums1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, compared to what the competion in the market has (Comcast, RCN, etc) they are really just playing a game of catch up. FiOS is late to the party.........