Information Bar at bottom of screen
unhappy88

The new 1.9 program added three days ago may have improved and added some fetures but said program has ruined my viewing pleasure and experience specifically my visual interaction with my Television screen. Change for the sake of change, why? I think the only option for me is to discontinue Fios service, despite being happy to this point.  

Problem #1:

The information bar at the bottom of the picture takes up 1/3 of my 52 inch screen, 1/3!!!  The font size of the overload of information on the info bar is far to small. According to the rather unfriendly and unproffesional tech support people this cannot be changed.  I feel sorry for the elderly and visually challenged fios customers, including myself, as It is difficult if not impossible to read the info due to such small font. Also less is more in terms of the ammount of information I am forced to view on my screen every time I change my channel.

Fix: Bigger font and less information Ie. only provide channel and time etc...

Problem #2:

The above listed information bar stays on 1/3 of my screen for 8-10 seconds every single time I change the channel. This is more frustrating than problem #1 for the following reasons. A) Said info bar blocks/covers the sports tickers on the bottom of the sports channels preventing me from viewing them B) Said info bar covers the games score and other stats or game info offered by the network presenting the game. C) Said Info bars presence covers up the actual game itself for 8-10 seconds, preventing the game from being viewed. These shortcummings of the system are utterly frustrating. This information bar once again is overkill because the "Info Button" at the top of the remote can be easily accessed when detailed program information is desired. Give us options!

Fix: Offer Softwear options to delete info bar, if so desired, or at least allow for the bar to be viewed for only 2-3 seconds no more. 

Problem #3:

Channel surfing during college and pro football games on Saturday and Sunday is problematic and frustrating due the above mentioned concerns.

Fix: Change softwear giving more individual options for customizing service.

I look forward to contact from a Fios Rep soon otherwise cancellation of service is all I can do for I will not subject myself to this type of viewing service.

0 Likes
Re: Information Bar at bottom of screen
SunnyInHB

moved

0 Likes
ranchfrogs
Enthusiast - Level 2

The mini guide when switching channels is too big. It fills up 1/3 of the screen and stays on for 10 seconds. When you change the channel you can barely see what the picture is. This needs to have a disable function if the user wants to turn it off.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Oh for heavens sake, just hit the Exit button. 

0 Likes
Sonoluma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh for heavens sake, just hit the Exit button.

I think the point is that there's really no justification for how much screen space is taken up with regards to some of the new menu, DVR and information displays as opposed to the OP not having thought to just hit the exit button.  Also, while it would appear that the latest Verizon hardware might alleviate some or all of the minor techincal issues users are experiencing, I can't imagine the display is going to change much in terms of interface ratios that can only be described as excessive at best.

0 Likes