Low Battery Indicator - Please Turn It Off
DCJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you turn off the on-screen low battery indicator (other than changing the batteries in my remote which is working fine)?

I have STD box.  I don't have an HD Box or a DVR (just like most FIOS subscribers).  How has this update benefited us?

Thanks ,

DCJ

Sarasota, FL

Labels (1)
Re: Low Battery Indicator - Please Turn It Off
Contributor - Level 1

After you press a button on the remote you use with the set top that shows the "low battery" indicator on screen; does the top red LED on the remote flash multiple times?  If so, this is the remote indicating to you that the batteries are low, both by flashing that LED and by sending a code to the set top so IMG displays that indicator.

Supposing you could disable the indicator in IMG, then you would just end up with a non functional remote in a couple days.

0 Likes
Re: Low Battery Indicator - Please Turn It Off
stabenheimer1

i disagree with the "useless remote in a couple of days" comment. my low battery indicator has been flashing everytime i change the channel. funny thing is its been about 9 months since this has started. had verizon for 18 months and got my batteries from my old comcast remote. so either i have magic batteries, the indictor is broken or it is set to straight up lie to you.

0 Likes