Many new features in 1.9...
nascar
Master - Level 1

Here are some of my 1.9 favorites...

-New HD look is very nice (will be some shell shock but you will get over it)
-Ability to add eSATA on 7 series DVR boxes
-More Guide choices, better graphics, and more information presented in the Guide and Scheduling and Recording screens
-Add time to a recording in progress
-Share Recordings across multiple DVR's to DVR's and non DVR's
-Set Recordings on the DVR of your choice from a non DVR
-View the Scheduled Recordings from any other STB/DVR
-Delete Recordings via a non DVR
-Reminders in the DVR
-Saved Searches
-Search from anywhere, hit the "B" button
-Air Date and or Movie Year
-Ability to recover 30 deleted recordings
-Ability to Delete or Play the entire contents of a folder
-Simple button press "C" to go to the HD equivalent (if it exists)
-4 Guide choices with one being a new vertical Channel Guide.
-7 series STB's are very responsive

1.9 with two 7232 DVR's and 7x STB's as I have is killer. There are so many additional features, many we all asked for. For me, the additional hard drive space (internal and eSATA) and sharing content from DVR to DVR to STB's that make it killer!

Labels (1)
Re: Many new features in 1.9...
VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the list of features for v1.9.  I personally can't wait to receive the update, but it sounds as if I will have to be patient for a couple of months (late August/early September?)

Verizon--any way you could put out a timeframe, order of rollout, or give us some inkling as to when we'll see the new update? 

0 Likes
haviru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know how the new IMG handles recordings with the external drive?  Does the recording go first to the internal HDD or vice versa? Curious.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@haviru wrote:

Do you know how the new IMG handles recordings with the external drive?  Does the recording go first to the internal HDD or vice versa? Curious.

Once attached, all new recordings go to the external drive.  Both drives are accesable for playback and should you fill up the external it will revert to the internal drive (if there is sufficient space) before starting to delete the oldest unprotected recordings to make space.

0 Likes
id2nv2nj2ca2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the information.  I can't wait til they roll this out in So. CA, but they are very tight lipped about it apparently.  My question is, just how big is your house?  9 boxes total.  Wow!!

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Ha Ha! I can see how you could get 9 boxes... I meant 7 Series boxes (7100-1) and not a quantity of 7. 

Smiley Happy 

id2nv2nj2ca2 wrote:

Thank you for the information.  I can't wait til they roll this out in So. CA, but they are very tight lipped about it apparently.  My question is, just how big is your house?  9 boxes total.  Wow!!

0 Likes
Cpt2711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did they add the feature of when your watching a DVR recording and switch channels that you can just hit the last channel button to return to your recording instead of entering your DVR menu again? It's really annoying to do this everytime I switch between something.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I remember that from when I had Comcast.  No that is not in 1.9.  I suggest you use the Idea Exchange...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/ideas/tab/most-recent 

Cpt2711 wrote:

Did they add the feature of when your watching a DVR recording and switch channels that you can just hit the last channel button to return to your recording instead of entering your DVR menu again? It's really annoying to do this everytime I switch between something.

0 Likes
VZsNumbaOneFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

VHO7 was updated to IMG 1.9?!

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Not yet. Testers in 7 and 8 have it.
0 Likes