Multi Room DVR and Multi-Hub DVR

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Multi Room DVR and Multi-Hub DVR

Message 1 of 4
(2,787 Views)

I don't want the DVR in our master bedroom to be available for viewing on other STBs.  I didn't Enable Multi Hub on that particular DVR but it shows up as available.

How do I block this DVR from shared viewing?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Multi Room DVR and Multi-Hub DVR

Message 2 of 4
(2,780 Views)

Contact tech support,. They may be able to turn off the multi room feature on that DVR by address, if that is what you are looking for. If they can do that, you probaby will not be able to see recordings from other DVRs from the master bedroom. Not positive. Any better answers out there? Perhaps the parental controls features can help. Block adult titles, or ratings based control.

Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(2,745 Views)

I called FIOS tech support and they said there is nothing they can do.  He said that even cancelling the multi-room DVR service wouldn't prevent all DVRs from seeing each other as this feature is programmed into IMG 9.

Attention Verizon - you need to set this up so that each DVR can be enabled or disabled from shared viewing. 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 4
(2,739 Views)

1.9.1 will address this better with titles only being show on satellite boxes with Parental and Rating levels.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.