Multi room Dual Tuner DVR
Sconnelly29
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have had Fios TV and Internet now since the program began and have generally enjoyed my service but my family recently decided to remove one of the two DVRs we had in the house and upgrade to a multi room plan and get a new STB with an eSATA port but we have had issues where when two separate programs are scheduled only one records. Is this because multi room DVRs can't be dual tuned because that would have been some information I would have enjoyed in one of the many conversations I had with some of the utterly useless customer support reps.
Labels (1)
Re: Multi room Dual Tuner DVR
prisaz
Legend

@Sconnelly29 wrote:
I have had Fios TV and Internet now since the program began and have generally enjoyed my service but my family recently decided to remove one of the two DVRs we had in the house and upgrade to a multi room plan and get a new STB with an eSATA port but we have had issues where when two separate programs are scheduled only one records. Is this because multi room DVRs can't be dual tuned because that would have been some information I would have enjoyed in one of the many conversations I had with some of the utterly useless customer support reps.

You can record two programs if one is a program being viewed. If you schedule multiple programs from the standard STBs, and someone is watching another programs on your MRDVR, it will create a conflicts, and one or more of the recordings will be skiped over. It does not use the tuner from where you scheduled the program, but uses one of the only two available on the MRDVR. You can not watch one program and record two others. That is the way I understand it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps one day Verizon will release a DVR with more than two tuners.

I beleive we will see something like this, but do not know when. Status: Maybe Later Status changed to: Acknowledged   Status changed to: Under Review Status changed to: Maybe Later BACK AND FORTH SINCE 2010

Idea. Vote here.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/New-DVR-with-more-than-two-tuners/idi-p/2...

0 Likes