Re: New Channel Guide for Fios - Bad Change
custom
Enthusiast - Level 3

The pic in that link is of the "Channel Guide" view.  The pic above in the thread is of the "Full" view; that's the one with all of the channels at once.

0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide for Fios - Bad Change
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Mikewnyc wrote:
In some way I'm happy with the upgrade. I would be very happy with the upgrade if my guide looked like it use to, and the pic about but I now looks like this! http://twitpic.com/86iyt0 It's impossible to see all the channels at once like I use to and is 'normal'

It looks like you've set the primary guide to the Channel Guide view, but you'd like it to be the Full Guide view. No worries, this is easy to change:

Press the Menu button and go to Settings, then select Television, then Preferred Guide. Select Full Guide. Now, when you press the Guide button on your remote, you'll get the grid guide showing 2½ hours of listings over 7 channels.

You can also select the secondary guide view by going to Secondary Guide Preference in the Television settings menu. The secondary guide is what appears when you press the guide button twice (the first press shows the primary view, the second press shows the secondary view.)

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide for Fios
Solid22
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have something very close to 20/20 vision. I never have trouble seeing anything. Then along came the new channel guide. Who can see this thing?! The pale blue color is a poor background choice. Everything looks smaller. I have to squint. It is very frustrating to use. The old guide was perfect - the colors, the font, etc. Im telling you, nobody can read this thing. its a train wreck. I also work with people who have low vision. For people to see things better, we put it on a dark background. There are certain colors that work best. There is a whole science to it. And your old guide was right on target. Please bring it back. Tv viewing is supposed to be relaxing...not frustrating. Do i have something set wrong? I have a CRT tv..is that why?