New Channel Guide for Fios
catman1

I see you've made another change for the worse.  The one nice thing about your current guide is it isn't all junked up with advertising and graphics.

Now you've taken the top 1/4 of the screen away for...crap!

Between that and the lovely new ad we're forced to see every time we log into the website to check email, there's yet another, and this time, full page ad to bypass. 

You continue to prove that you don't care at all about what customers want, you only care about trying to sell us more via the incessant advertising.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Channel Guide for Fios
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We do look to customer feedback to make all our changes. There is a forum you can visit to voice your opinion where it will get to the decision makers of Verizon. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm....with such a large corporation serving such a diverse array of customers who not only have so much variation with their plans and their TVs and among the areas where they live, can customer service really be improved to accommodate all of that?  It's just a question that I don't expect anyone to answer, not a criticism.

I can understand why so many people here get irritated at times, including myself, because all of these changes are being forced upon us when we least expect it and it's human nature to be resistent to change.  It's like a conundrum, being a choice but not really a choice in the end. 

0 Likes
New Channel Guide for Fios - Bad Change
CaptCurt
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it ain't broke.... don't fix it!  The old channel guide was just fine, and much better than the new one.  Who was the genius that thought it was a good idea to make the screen narrower and the background colors bland and harder to read?  Put it back the way it was!

Re: New Channel Guide for Fios - Bad Change
Justin46
Legend

@CaptCurt wrote:

If it ain't broke.... don't fix it!  The old channel guide was just fine, and much better than the new one.  Who was the genius that thought it was a good idea to make the screen narrower and the background colors bland and harder to read?  Put it back the way it was!

Sounds to me you have something set up incorrectly, or you have a 6xxx model STB. Here is what I see with the new Guide on my 6 year old Sony LCD with my QIP7232 DVR:

What is wrong with the above, other than perhaps you don't care for the colors? FWIW, I like these colors much better than I did in the old Guide. In fact, I have only found one thing in the 1.9 IMG I don't like, the info bar that I see every time I change channels is too large, and stays on the screen much too long, the bar needs to be more compact, and we need an option for the customer to set the length of time it displays.

If you have a 6xxx STB, you should get Verizon to replace it, it is not capable of displaying the Guide in HD. Otherwise, tell us what you do have.

Keller, TX 76248

pman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide sucks, looks like comcast or some other once upon a time tv guide look. Can we have an option to choose the older better guide. 

BGDAN01

The old guide suited my needs just fine. Do I have the option of changing it back? If not then I must consider your unilateral "upgrade" to be quite rude. I have Cablevision knocking on my door once a month wanting my business back. Your changes to my channel lineup and guide are pushing me in that direction.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the screenshot, this is how the guide is supposed to look. Now, when I look at it, I don't see how you can complain it's not easy to read. The text is razor sharp, and large enough. There is color coding to break up the channels and not have everything meshed together. I am just baffled at the complaints. 

0 Likes
ranjay5161
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. Lots of people just don't like change! Heaven forbid someone has to get used to some new version of something!

For myself, the fact that I can add an external drive FINALLY (after my TIVO allowed it for years) more than offsets some colors or fonts changing! Guess people are more interested in how the guide looks than being able to store much more when needed.

(Wondering if it means some people watch the guide more than the programming)

0 Likes
Mikewnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2
In some way I'm happy with the upgrade. I would be very happy with the upgrade if my guide looked like it use to, and the pic about but I now looks like this! http://twitpic.com/86iyt0 It's impossible to see all the channels at once like I use to and is 'normal'
0 Likes