New Color Scheme
steveski1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  think the new color scheme and other graphics associated with the recent FIOS DVR changes are a huge step backwards.  The light blue color washes out the text and the other graphics simply add useless clutter.  I'm not sure what prompted the change, but it seems like it is "change for change's sake."

Re: New Color Scheme
butler3
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new color scheme is awful, I have to get close up to the TV to read if I have it recorded and the print is so small even with my glasses.  Need an option to pick print type and color.  Not happy with the new guide.  I also don't have a HD TV so this makes it worse.  You should of considered the elderly when you made the change.

whatthefk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree!  New improved Guide is truly awful.  Far more difficult to read.  Pale, shaded,  'designer' colors change as you reach the listing you want to read about.  I dread looking at Guide and Info.  Much bigger deal than it needs to be.  Make it go away.

Smokey8

I agree the new color scheme and font size are horrible.

I called tech support and was told that there is NOTHING to be done. (except maybe change the colors on my TV  LOL)

Nice!

What we customers need are:

1.  ability to change the font and background colors in the menu (default, classic, custom or maybe.. EasyRead)

2. ability to change the font size (small, medium, large)

btw whoever though of white on light baby blue must have also designed the old microsoft windows 'hotdog' schema of black on red....   yum!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Check Idea exchange http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange-FAQs/bd-p/ideaexchangefaqs .  If nothing like your suggestions is there, propose it.

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Given the differences between people, it's not suprising that some would not like the new color scheme and/or the font.  I think it's worth remembering that regardless of what scheme was chosen, there would be those who loved it and those who hated it.  It's impossible to please everyone.  I think it's a little bit of a stretch to look at a forum like this and see a handful of complaints, and somehow translate that into "a lot of people".  I'm a little older than some, and my eyesight isn't as good as it could be, but I don't have any serious problem reading the new guide.  There must be something more important to complain about.

hingber
Enthusiast - Level 2
by hingber on 09-14-2011 12:25 PM
I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THIS COMMENT. I HAVE A SONY 32" CRT STD DIF TV. I MADE SOME CHANGES IN MENU/SETTINGS/VIDEO SETTINGS AND GOT A BETTER READABILITY. WHAT MANAGER APPROVED THESE CHANGES? DID YOU HIRE AN INTERIOR DECORATOR TO DO YOUR DESIGN?? JUST GIVE US LARGE WHITE TEXT ON BLACK . ALSO MADE CHANGES IN CLOSED CAPTION SETTINGS AND GOT A BETTER READABILITY
0 Likes
SuzyS62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just signed up for Fios. If I knew the program guide would be this hard to read (so blurry I can't read some words; doesn't matter how close I am to the screen) I wouldn't have signed up for Verizon.

0 Likes
btm231
Enthusiast - Level 3

Blurry? I can see how some people with less than 20/20 vision may have a hard time reading from a distance, but there's no way I would call this blurry iwhen viewed at a proper distance (and by proper, I mean a distance at which is appropriate for your vision.)

Justin46
Legend

@btm231 wrote:

Blurry? I can see how some people with less than 20/20 vision may have a hard time reading from a distance, but there's no way I would call this blurry iwhen viewed at a proper distance (and by proper, I mean a distance at which is appropriate for your vision.)

I agree. I have far, far less than 20-20 vision without my glasses, and I can pretty easily read the Guide info on my 40 inch LCD from maybe 8-10 feet away. With my glasses, much further away.

I wonder what type of STB and what type of TV she is using?

Keller, TX 76248