New FEES for External Drive

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

New FEES for External Drive

Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

Are there any types of FEES associated with adding an external hard drive to my DVR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: New FEES for External Drive

Message 2 of 4
(2,523 Views)

NO. You will have to purchase the drive and be responsible for replacement should it crash, but no fees from Verizon.  You also must have a 7216 or 7232 Motorola DVR or the Cisco DVR - the old 6416 Motorola does not have the expansion port.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 4
(2,524 Views)

NO. You will have to purchase the drive and be responsible for replacement should it crash, but no fees from Verizon.  You also must have a 7216 or 7232 Motorola DVR or the Cisco DVR - the old 6416 Motorola does not have the expansion port.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(2,476 Views)

Thanks.

Note:  Someone should tell the Verizon Customer Service People that there is no fee associated with adding an external drive to a DVR.  I called 3 times.... There final response was " We don't know".

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)

BF wrote: I called 3 times.... There final response was " We don't know".

LOL..I guess the news travels slowly to Bangalore.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.