New Guide Color Scheme - Failure due to Ignorance or Arrogance?
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

This is ridiculous - How can you arbitrarily replace one scheme with another and not provide a way to go back to the other scheme?

Did EVERYONE dislike the original scheme?  NO

The new color scheme is too high a contrast and makes reading a headache.  Maybe a few people with sight conditions needed a high contrast color scheme and it was right to create a way for them to also enjoy FiOS TV...

HOWEVER

There was no need to eliminate the first color scheme. IF you were going to respond to the needs of a few who needed or wanted a different scheme, you should have created the ability to select from several schemes to fit the needs of EVERYONE.

Yet again, proof that the IMG team is not experienced with proper software development with respect to end users.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Guide Color Scheme - Failure due to Ignorance or Arrogance?
tns
Master - Level 2

Can't say if its true, but one of those who has been a beta tester for this said he was told they cannot support two color schemes.  Lots of us cannot think why.  Anyway they went to try and fix the complaint for many who have vision problems and couldn't read the guide with the 1.9 scheme.

0 Likes
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Your reply made me think and it occurred to me something I had not considered completely - 502 compliance for the sight impaired.

There is no way there was enough complaint about the color scheme to warrant attention.  However, if the legal department got involved because there could be a federal complaint for failure to provide compliance for sight impaired persons, they would be compelled monetarily to change the scheme to avoid legal action.

The issue of not being able to program the dvr to handle two color schemes is lame although believeable due to the substandard hardware we use and pay rent for monthly.

0 Likes
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Your reply made me think of something I had not earlier considered - 502 compliance for the sight impaired.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

But then what about all the people who can't see the new version?  Wouldn't Verizon be obliged to change it for them too? 

(I don't have 1.9.1 yet, but I've gotten used to 1.9 after hating it at first.)

0 Likes