Re: New Program Guide is WORSE THAN TERRIBLE
vicg1

I whole heartedly agree. I was astonished when the new program guide appeared. My wife and I had so much trouble reading it that I find it almost useless for older customers. The colors are all wrong. The channel numbers are almost obscured. I hope Verizon corrects this issue. The old format was not perfect but adequate.

0 Likes
cynth2

I agree the Guide is unreadable.  The screen and typeface has become smaller, and the contrast between the background and the channel number is indistinguishable.  Before I could read both, now I need my glasses to read the shows from any distance(and I have a 55 inch TV) and/or I have to walk up to my TV to read channels.

At night, in my bed, watching a 35 inch TV, the situation is even worse.  I can't read either the channel or show selections without getting out of bed with or without my glasses.  Before I could see the choices easily without glasses from my bed.

Clearly, this new guide was not tested in real home settings.

0 Likes
cynth2

I also see that the first comment was dated 9/28/20011, and I just got the new Guide yesterday.  So I am shocked that it is now more than 3 months since the first updates occurred and no corrections have been made.  This is disheartening!

And to the few favorable commenters - all I can say is that you must have a 60 inch or better TV, have better than 20/20 vision and never watch TV at night in bed in the dark.

0 Likes
cynth2

Also, I called Verizon before posting here and wasted 20 minutes waiting for a service person and talking finally to a representative who was not even aware that there was a new Guide.  After 20 minutes, he said that he had no way of forwarding my product complaints and that I would have to go online.

Also, he gave me no info as to where online to give my comments, and I had to waste another 20 minutes searching for the right place and then registering, etc.

This is a sad comment on Verizon customer support.

0 Likes
ccr2

Looks to me like Verizon decided to save some of the hard-earned money we pay, and outsource the guide to TV Guide.  Of course, we customers lose value because of the reduced functionality that everyone has mentioned...but I'll bet we won't be seeing any of the savings passed on to us.  Thanks, Verizon, for your commitment to customers!

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@ccr wrote:

Looks to me like Verizon decided to save some of the hard-earned money we pay, and outsource the guide to TV Guide.  Of course, we customers lose value because of the reduced functionality that everyone has mentioned...but I'll bet we won't be seeing any of the savings passed on to us.  Thanks, Verizon, for your commitment to customers!

This is false. The TV Guide logo is present as a result of a licensing agreement with Gemstar, owners of the TV Guide mark, who also own a number of crucial patents relating to the technology that makes the guide work.

Verizon develops the IMG itself, in-house. It does not outsource its development.

0 Likes
nk12342
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree completely.  Its totally awful and I want the old version back.

0 Likes