Re: New programming guide is awful so is almost everythign else about FiOS TV
semadsen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with posters here and I'm sure Verizon is receiving thousands of phone in complaints.  The font is too small, the coloring is awful and doesn't have good contrast, the whole format is bad and hard to deal with.  Why change something that was perfectly good and easy to use?  If there isn't a way to get back to the old screen, I will seriously consider dumping fios -my picture is nothing special so not really a big deal to leave.  Everyone I know who has fios (my whole block) is complaining! 

Re: New programming guide SUCKS so does almost everything else about FiOS TV
grapevine
Enthusiast - Level 1

very small, hard to see. I hate it

0 Likes
grapevine
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine looks nothing like this

0 Likes
EricN1
Enthusiast - Level 1

FWIW, I love my FiOS and am happy with IMG 1.9 so far.

0 Likes
Re: New programming guide is awful so is almost everything else about FiOS TV
virge54

Pleeease!  We have three retired people in this house and we all are having trouble with the guide.  I do have a large TV, several in fact.  The white lettering with the grey background is hard to read..  I would love to talk to the persons who beta tested the rewind and skip features.

0 Likes
virge54

I am so glad that you have that nice dark blue with white lettering.  MINE IS 2 SHADES OF PALE GREY WITH WHITE LETTERING.  Seems that now I know one of the reasons why you are happy and I am not!

0 Likes
Sonoluma
Enthusiast - Level 3
I find it hard to believe that anyone who has used the previous guide for any length of time tested this new guide out before it was released. I could live with the new channel guide being complete garbage, but the changes to the active DVR display seem to be aimed at hitting us with more commercials. With the previous dvr display there was maybe a 1/8 screen size bar at the bottom of the screen that showed basic programming info like the channel, how fast you were rewinding/fast fowarding and where you currently were in a show related to the total running time. NOW it's a giant bar that takes up almost 1/3 of the screen and it's almost totally empty. Gee, why would it be so empty if the bar was clearly designed to take up so much screen space?
0 Likes
hp12083

I agree with you all completely, they said if they get enough complaints they would change it back, they said to send a email or call, I'm having trouble sending a email through their site, don't know what the problem is

0 Likes
Re: New Listings Guide is Too Fancy to be Readable & Pop-up Guide hides screen on "Pause"
Annoyed18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm astounded at the poor choices Verizon continues to make on the Residential side. (I can't speak for the Business side; based on my horrifying 3 years with Verizon Residential, my companies will never be on Verizon.) Now - thanks to the new fancy format of the onscreen Guide - it is almost unreadable, unless you own a bigscreen TV, due to the poor choice of colors for background/foreground/text. You're almost forced to purchase a bigscreen TV just to view the new Guide format.; thankfully we have one. On the smaller TV we literally have to get up sometimes now, and walk up to the TV to see what the Guide says. And so much space is wasted due the fancy top-to-bottom fade effects; it takes the space of TWO lines to get only ONE line of text, and even with our 50" bigscreen, we can view only 8 channels at a time in the Guide (only 6 channels at a time on the smaller TV). But change the video graphics settings to "SD" and it's even worse, with FEWER channels: 7 on the bigscreen; 5 on the smaller TV. Is Verizon competing in a graphics beauty contest? If so, it's at the expense of functionality, i.e. the customers. And what's with the annoying mini-guide that pops up when you press "pause" while watching live TV or DVR recordings? That makes no sense... review a football play, press "pause" to see how the tackle happens, and BOOM, this huge over-sized mini-guide pops up and covers up ONE THIRD of the screen to hide what you pressed "pause" to see! So you have to scramble for the remote again and press "exit" to get out of the mini-guide! Did you miss the play by just a couple frames? ...well, good luck battling the pop-up guide to try to view your play! Our Verizon services were disconnected - TWICE - they never figured out why, the account was in good standing, but it took them over 70 representatives and 6 weeks to figure out how to reconnect us... a field support tech finally came over, made one call on his cell phone, and we were back on... after SIX WEEKS of hangups, blind transfers, numerous one-hour holds, and "high level managers" who personally promised to call back but never did. (I have their names, numbers, departments, office locations.) That's not all, but I'll spare you. THE most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with.

gora
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin:

Why break something that was working well, in the first place?

small font, light blue background with light pale letters.

I turned the TV off tonight, because I did not what I was reading and pressing (buttons).

Actually, I should thank Verizon. They made me do something that nobody was able to make me do for decades --- "Turn the TV off". So, thanks Verizon. May be I will just cancel the TV service completely and just go Red Box!