Re: New programming guide is awful so is almost everythign else about FiOS TV
gora
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if he works for any cable company.

I feel the same way about the new guide as he does.

And, I don't work for any cable company; never did.

I did work for Ma Bell when it was Ma Bell and Verizon was just one of her daughters.

But, Independent of all of that, the new guide does, ahem... suck.

Yes, seriously considering FIOS TV or at least downgrade it local channels. With just local channels, no need for cuide, you see.

0 Likes
Katcam831
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are SO displeased with the new and "improved" TV Program Guide!! My Significant Other and I find it to be MUCH slower than the older one. I hear so many speaking of font size and color....neither of these issues seem to bother either of us at all. It is the slowness of the scrolling through the channels that is a pain in the behind. To be prefectly honest with you if we could possibly go bake to the old version I would be as happy as could be because I would no longer have to have a VERY unhappy S.O. on my hands. He was so thrilled with the change from DirecTV and their horrible guide to the Verizon FiOS and the Program Guide that you all had....and now you had to go and take that away from us....YOU have single handedly made my life miserable Verizon!!! I am now paying GOOD money each and every month to you to have my man sit here unhappy each and every night....

EricS2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed  - the new look is awful but what I am most displeased with is the significantly slower speed.

Justin46
Legend

@EricS wrote:

Agreed  - the new look is awful but what I am most displeased with is the significantly slower speed.

My guess would be that you have 6xxx STBs. If so, you need to contact Verizon and request 7xxx STBs to replace them. I have three 7xxx boxes, and 1.9 works great on them, just as speedy as 1.8 was on them. (Note: if your boxes are 2500s, you have somewhat of a decision to make; there are no SD replacement boxes, so to improve the speed you will need the 7xxx boxes, but in most of the US I think they cost more than the 2500 boxes per month)

If you do have 7xxx boxes, my next guess is that maybe you have some setting that makes it slow. I do know what it would be, since I have never experienced it, but maybe someone here could make some suggestions.

What model STBs do you have?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
rkl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The bright blue color scheme makes it hard to look at/read.  Please make the scheme adjustable or have several from which to choose.  I have 52" LCD HD Sony tv, to view the new guide more easily I would have to turn down the brightness/contrast, which I do not want to do.  

Simple, give us options, not a no-choice setup!

munkeephun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! The new guide is AWFUL! The colors are bad, the layout is bad and the performance is way too slow. What a total waste of time and money - our money! 

0 Likes
munkeephun
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not everyone has a 50" plasma tv and trying to use the new guide on a 32" tv is ridculous. If you were a beta tester on this new guide then you need to look for another line of work because you are clearly incapable of anticipating the wants and needs of people other than yourself. 

0 Likes
Truckie117

How do I get my old program guide back the new one is awful!

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@munkeephun wrote:

Not everyone has a 50" plasma tv and trying to use the new guide on a 32" tv is ridculous. If you were a beta tester on this new guide then you need to look for another line of work because you are clearly incapable of anticipating the wants and needs of people other than yourself. 

If your TV is that small, consider using the guide in SD mode. While it causes the guide and menus to be rendered in 4:3, it also up-sizes the fonts slightly, making them easier to read on small or low-resolution screens.

0 Likes
tundotcom

How do I stop the information bar on the bottom of the screen from popping up whenever I change the channel? That thing takes up 1/3 of the screen and takes too long to disappear. I've scoured the menu and settings but I can't find a corresponding setting to get rid of it. It's driving me insane.

0 Likes