Re: New programming guide is awful so is almost everythign else about FiOS TV
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

I agree I'd rather stay on the screen not as long, but tivos do the exact same thing (unless you change it to the setting where it barely appears at all), even a bit longer perhaps. I believe the idea is as they continue to add more information to the info box, they give us more time to read it. Not really a great solution, but in case you don't know, hitting the exit button clears it right away. If you have a harmony remote there might be a way to set it up to do this automatically. 

0 Likes
tundotcom

Yeah I figured that out, but I'd rather not have to go through with that annoyance whenever I channel surf. My father is also complaining non-stop so I'd rather find an actual permanent solution that won't require any further action. Has anyone found a solution or is there no way to disable it permanently?

0 Likes
DwindleFlip1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The New Guide is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who designed this? Its so slow on my 6416. 

0 Likes
DwindleFlip1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin   wrote:

My guess would be that you have 6xxx STBs. If so, you need to contact Verizon and request 7xxx STBs to replace them. I have three 7xxx boxes, and 1.9 works great on them, just as speedy as 1.8 was on them.

-------------------------------

I just called verizon, and the tech said the policy is to not replace the  older boxes with newer hardware. 

I'm rethinking my subcription right now.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

It may not be their policy, but it happens all the time. If you can't get the online prompts to work to request the new dvr with 500 gb hard drive, call your nearest verizon fios store, people have had good luck exchanging their boxes there. 

This is much easier to do than with Directv I can assure you, they routinely give out 5+ year old receivers to customers that are as slow as mollasses, and it's very hard to get the new model from them unless you pay 200 dollars. Not to defend Verizon, but this seems to be a common practice with all providers. 

0 Likes
TheOxRocks

Dunno what all the complaints are about.  I have two 32" widescreens and a 26" widescreen, all with 7000 series Motorola boxes, and everything works just fine.  I have no problems with fonts or the number of channels displayed (I got 7 at a time with the old menu, so there's no change here) and I find the menus MUCH more comprehensive and functional than with 1.8.  I think the major problem here is folks who are resistant to change.

And no, weisenheimers, I'm not a shill for Verizon, either.

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

Great Update!

Once I went into 'Settings' 'Television' and 'Video', I got each of my tvs perfect.  I have 2 4x3 sets and they needed some setting tinkering to get it perfect.  And now all my sets are great.  And my 2 dvr's have become whole house dvrs!  LOVE option 'C' and chaptering!

My review

Inital after Download .... B-

After My Setting Adjustments ..... A

DVR Chaptering ...... A+++

'C' Button ........ A  (Although an automatic HD conversion would be an A+

0 Likes