Switch Account

Newest FIOS TV Upgrade SUCKS

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Newest FIOS TV Upgrade SUCKS

Message 11 of 17
(11,839 Views)

You may find this hard to believe, but the new guide was tested extensively, I dont know with what type of people, but the majority approved of the guide's design. The complaints in this forum are just a small fraction of Fios users. Verizon are not foolish enough to put out something that a majority of people hate.

I do agree the new software is more suited for younger people who are more used to a lot of information on one screen, and appreicate a more hd look, which the old guide lacked.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 12 of 17
(11,808 Views)

I'm glad to hear that Verizon is listening...

two major shortcomings of the new version that i see (at least for the moment)

the last version of the guide showed within each show what was new or not unlike its' previous version that the show had to be highlighted to see. with this latest version, they went backwards!! That i don't understand.

the other feature that seems to have been removed is when a particular show was highlighted, there was a status within the show title itself which indicated how far into the show it was.  now when i have to highlight the channel, look to the right on when its scheduled to complete, then check either the status at the top or the current time.  not very efficient.

hopefully some of these updates can be put back in.

thanks

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 13 of 17
(11,788 Views)

@Replete wrote:

You may find this hard to believe, but the new guide was tested extensively, I dont know with what type of people, but the majority approved of the guide's design. The complaints in this forum are just a small fraction of Fios users. Verizon are not foolish enough to put out something that a majority of people hate.

I do agree the new software is more suited for younger people who are more used to a lot of information on one screen, and appreicate a more hd look, which the old guide lacked.

Who do you consider younger? Undey 60-70? I am pushing 52 and really like the guide. Now if I take off my glasses I can't see anything anyway, and that started going bad at 40.  I was not one of the testers, but wanted to be,Smiley Indifferent

What really sucks is the word suck!

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 14 of 17
(11,779 Views)

Finally today I got through to tech support callcenter to complain about the 1.9 guide.

For 2 weeks, everytime I called, I was on hold 38 - 42 minutes....then gave up.

same response: callcenter rep "all I can do is let you vent"!  REALLY?

How about sending a MESSAGE to our set top box, email us or have a test market try out these major changes before rolling them out. New York customers complained about the new GUIDE but that didn't stop them from adding MASSACHUSETTS 2 weeks ago.

1-26-12 Guide got worse when searching through as they added icons. No more listing of episodes. You must click through all past episodes to get to the newest one.  I don't want to watch the first episode of Shameless but last Sunday's interests me...I had to click through and use up the batteries in my remote to find it.  Put NEWEST first in the sort order, please.

How does a TeleCom company not communicate with customers.

Please test these changes with all age groups. Maybe it's because over 40, if you wear glasses/contacts you have more difficulty focusing on small fonts! IDK but I don't use a SmartPhone so I'm stuck with old remote control clicking like playing an Atari game from the 70s. 

you need a Do Over.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 15 of 17
(11,716 Views)

I agree completely!! Here's a copy of the letter I sent to Verizon:

I have been a Verizon FIOS customer for 4 years and 4 months. Your service has come a long way since then, but our start was very rocky. There were so many bugs and problems that I didn't think I would continue as a customer. I made some calls, sent some emails and I was put in touch with someone on the west coast – his name was Joe – and he and I worked together to get the bugs cleared out. Everything that I had asked for (except reducing the size and duration of the banner) was done when they did an upgrade onJanuary 6, 2009and the past 3 years have been pretty good. However, after your latest upgrade from a couple of weeks ago, I am really thinking about canceling my service with Verizon. It's just too much work and very inefficient, never mind most of the changes make no sense whatsoever! I'm starting to regret referring friends and family to Verizon if this is the way we have to deal with watching TV, which should be a simple task!

Here's a list of problems that I have encountered.

1 - It's ridiculous that every time I fast forward, rewind, change channel and search the low battery icon flashes to tell me I have a low battery for the remote control. I DO NOT care that the battery is low. I DO NOT want to know it is low. When the batteries are dead, I will replace them. Do you expect that we should just change the batteries because of this? What should we do with the batteries once they have been removed from the remote control? They are still good until they are NOT!! This needs to go away, ASAP!!

2 - When I have finished watching a DVR'd program, I delete it (if I don't want to watch it again) except now I have to delete it 3 times!! I have to go to History and delete again (thank goodness there is a DELETE ALL) and then to have to go to Recent Deletes and delete AGAIN!  Why? This makes no sense at all and takes up valuable space on the DVR if I don't remember to delete it 3 times!

3 – The banner!!! It takes up more than a third of the screen!! It was a pain before and now it's just incredibly annoying. There's no reason that the info can't be condensed to use much less space.

4 – The guide is just awful. Now we can only see one hour of programming instead of two as before! The other way to look at more than one hour for one station isn't any more helpful.

5- When you press the MENU button, the cursor used to go to SEARCH. The upgrade done previously moved the SEARCH up one spot. Now you have to scroll down 4 spots!! Then, when you have found what you were searching for the first choice is TUNE TO CHANNEL?? Why? Especially if I am looking for a future program, which is always! Now I must scroll down past WATCH IN HD to finally get to RECORD EPISODE. 

This upgrade is INSANE, USELESS and incredibly annoying!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 16 of 17
(11,542 Views)

If Verizon would stop lying and cheating people they wouldn't even consider changing service and if you do decide to change service you only have a couple of options and then over a period of time  you are back in the same cable/internet hell with all the cable companies

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 17 of 17
(11,103 Views)
I am a disabled handicap veteran and it is all too complicated and to term the phrase, sounds like they are speaking Greek!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.