Poor text contrast with "Release 1.9"
bkoopers
Enthusiast - Level 3

The boxes in my house were updated to "Release 1.9" a few hours ago. I immediately noticed that the on screen text contrast has been changed to white text on a light blue background which is a very poor contrast of colors plus the text is smaller. It would be much easier to read if the background color was black.

My 84 year old mother with poor eyesight was just barely able to read the old text color combination. The poor contrast of this new color combination is a big problem for her. I wish they had an option to set the background to black (and an option for larger text would also help).

Labels (1)
Re: Poor text contrast with "Release 1.9"
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Agree!  And my 84 yr old mother didn't complain yet but I myself am having difficulty with the text.  And it seems to confusing for now.  

lschut
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are in Massachusetts and our screen just changed early this morning and we HATE it!  Light blue screen with WHITE letters?  Seriously?  We aren't elderly in this house and we are all having trouble reading it!  Also, the channels on the guide are all bunched up, so it's hard to know what channel you are on!  Seriously thinking of going back to DirecTV.  Smiley Mad

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

and what school did these telecom giants go to that demonstrated Graphic Arts?  you never put white font on a pastel background. not only doesn't it POP, depending upon the screen size / fonts the grey contrast blends into the air.

We aren't going in the correct direction here...

Just look at FoxBusiness for correct graphics...white font ok when it is on Black, Red, Dark Blue, Dark Green background.

I'd like to see an enhancement where we can decide on the color schemes for our household.