The new TV guide
silota

The new TV guide is truly horrible. I wish that there was a way of restoring the old one. The new one is difficult to read, unclear, just terrible in every way. Too bad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The new TV guide
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going to hazard a guess that you are posting about this here for the first time without having read other threads about the very same problem which have the solutions posted....not intentionally but there *is* a solution to the problem if you want to do something about it.

If your TV Guide Listing is slow and doesn't do what it's supposed to do, check the model number on your STB or DVR.  If it's 6xxx, then you need to contact Verizon and request an updated one that's at least 7xxx.  Verizon *should* honor your request for an upgrade.  I have learned from here too that there are Verizon Fios TV Stores where you can exchange yours in person.  Here is the website where you may be able to find one in your area:

https://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.h...

My STB is a 7100.

If your TV Guide Listing works but is just annoying to read with the contrast then more than likely, your TV is analog and you need to replace it with a flatscreen, because the resolution on the analog TV is limited and can't handle the new HD graphics.  If that's the case, then that's something you can definitely do on your own.  My old TV was analog and I was having problems reading the TV Guide listing but when I replaced it with a flatscreen, that solved the problem.

And finally if you already have the updated STB or DVR and a flatscreen, check the settings on your TV (i.e. contrast, brightness, etc.) because if they're set too high, that could be a problem.

0 Likes
small45

This stinks!  Verizon just changes things & provides no way for customers to effectively complain.

YOUR NEW TV GUIDE STINKS!  GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!

Are you listening, Verizon?  I doubt it.  You've never listened to customers before.

0 Likes
BigDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the new guide, 1.9, last night and I have to say it is SUPERB!!!!.  The old guide was small, annoying and unappealing.  The new guide is much larger, allowing for more info, intuitive and looks great!!!

I would suggest to those that are not happy with the looks of the new guide to make sure they have a flatscrren TV and an STB model 7***, not 6***.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

I love the new guide, I find it easier to read than the old one, while providing more information on one screen. I am guessing it works better on larger flat screen tvs though. 

If the new guide alienates enough people, I would be willing to go with another option, but sticking with the last one was just not an option. Fios is cutting edge technology and the old one just wasn't suited for newer large flat screen hdtvs. 

ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw this morning that the new menus have loaded. I like most of the features. Especially the ability to record from a non dvr stb in another room. The menu will probably take getting used to. 1 thing I really would like to see is the ability to search by date. I know we can scroll across the listing until we get to the day we want. But being able to do a search by a future start date would be a good thing.

0 Likes