VOD Service
ract
Contributor - Level 1

In years gone by when I was a Comcast customer, didn't care for VOD because I saw most movies in the theater (still preferred method).  In recent years, I have taken to VOD mainly due to hearing loss and availability of CC.  However, the FIOS VOD menu is much more difficult to navigate than Comcast and gets worse with each update.  Also, FIOS seems to have less selection, particularly for new movies.  FIOS seems to think if it looks attractive, it will work well.

However, I am stuck with it for the time being, so I have some questions.  When navigating the menu, sometimes two selections are provided for the same movie; one is marked Flexview and the other has no Flexview marking.  What is the difference?  When selecting a movie to get the detailed info, there are two options, one for "rent" and the other to "buy".  I don't understand what the "buy" option gets you.  Some movies have only the "buy" option.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VOD Service
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

FlexView is an option that allows you to watch the same movie on your tv, your computer, your tablet, and even your smartphone. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Flex-View-FiOS-Video-on-Demand-Anywhere-Anytime/ba-p/24...

If you buy a movie or show, Verizon becomes your video library where you can view your purchases whenever you wish as many times as you wish.

View solution in original post

JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

FlexView is an option that allows you to watch the same movie on your tv, your computer, your tablet, and even your smartphone. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Flex-View-FiOS-Video-on-Demand-Anywhere-Anytime/ba-p/24...

If you buy a movie or show, Verizon becomes your video library where you can view your purchases whenever you wish as many times as you wish.

ract
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your help.  I think I have figured out the reason for the "buy" option to be the only option at times.  A while back, "Wunderlust" was available as a buy only option.  When the DVD became available to the public on June 19, the rent option was added.  The buy option is very expensive and frankly most of these movies are not worth viewing more than once; but I guess it is one more way to make money.  However, the main obstacle to use of FIOS VOD remains the slow responding, practically useless menu.  I select most movies to watch by browsing; with FIOS VOD, that is painful time consuming task.

0 Likes
VOD code8632 credit check error ????????????
blueigirl

Since Thursday I haven't been able to watch any FREE Movie on VOD, rebooted twice, called tech twice and I was told this is because of a problem they were having and that it would be over today and I would be able to watch movies again. Well nothing has changed and I'm beyond the bull verizon techs are giving me. I only had this service for a week and going to cancel on Monday, if nothing changes. Not going to call again and sit there for 45 mins each time I call to tell me to wait and wait... I dont get this credit check error, since when do you need a credit check for FREE movies???? I think this FIOS is  **bleep** and has too many problems for customers, it isnt worth having if they cant fix the problems and stop makin excuses, fix it now or see ya, sry comcast has a much better service and tons of free movies, Fios doesnt!!!

0 Likes
LeeHaven

I am hoping someone could help me with an issue I am having with VOD. I have been on the phone with Verizon 8 times in the past week regarding the same issue. When I try to rent a VOD movie, I get the same error message, 8632, stating that there is not enough credit in the account. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with verizon. The standard answer is that they will transfer me to "usage department". I was transferred 6 times back and forth between tech support and usage. Usage says it is a tech problem, tech says it is a usage problem.  I have tried every suggestion I have read in this forum, but none have worked.  I am amazed that no one at Verizon will even acknowledge that this is a persistent issue that they cannot resolve. It is almost as if they have been instructed to not discuss it with customers because customers will wonder why they are paying hundreds of dollars per month for their service.  The latest is I should be getting a call maybe on Thursday, but still no answers and no movies. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LeeHaven,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LeeHaven

So let me get this right Verizon, I have spent 4 hours on the phone and had 8 calls with Verizon trying to get this issue resolved.  I have been transferred like a ping pong back and forth from tech support to the "usage" department 6 times.  Your recommendation to me resolving this issue to to do the following?  Really? 

"Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal."  

I deserve a call to get this issue resolved. I have been promised several calls and I have received ZER.  You now expect me to email someone back and forth to resolve YOUR issue?  How is this escalating anything? It would seem to me that emailing back and forth will take weeks to months to resolve based upon the success we have had speaking on the phone to date.  I also don't have the time to be checking my email , frequently, as you suggest.  You have my number, you would certainly not hesitate to call me if a payment was a day late, which it has never been on any of my Verizon accounts.  Honestly, I give up...Good luck to anyone else that has this issue... 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

LeeHaven,

We have closed your private support case, due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes