Re: When 1.9 in Baltimore-Washington metro area?
nascar
Master - Level 1
Has been revised to every market by Thanksgiving.

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

Trick or treat!Smiley Tongue

A little later. Probably second week of November.

I'm sorry TNS, I'm going to have to disagree with ya. I believe my guesstamation on dates you will find pretty accurate. Unless some unfortuanate situation arises. Besides, The 2nd week of Nov. doesn't really go along with what Joe A. has been saying for awhile about 1.9 being out in all the markets before Halloween

My guess is based on three weeks between each of the remaining DAC's.  One of the people normally in the Know is saying 11/9.  Do you have a source for your guess of  the week before Holloween?

Of course. Based on  a previous thread stating that it takes 2weeks between DAC's and the fact that Joe Ambeault said it would be out in every market before Halloween. I think it might be in the early parts of the 1.9 Rollout thread. Gonna have to check on that though

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Blame it on the strike. 

@nascar wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

I'm sorry TNS, I'm going to have to disagree with ya. I believe my guesstamation on dates you will find pretty accurate. Unless some unfortuanate situation arises. Besides, The 2nd week of Nov. doesn't really go along with what Joe A. has been saying for awhile about 1.9 being out in all the markets before Halloween

My guess is based on three weeks between each of the remaining DAC's.  One of the people normally in the Know is saying 11/9.  Do you have a source for your guess of  the week before Holloween?

Of course. Based on  a previous thread stating that it takes 2weeks between DAC's and the fact that Joe Ambeault said it would be out in every market before Halloween. I think it might be in the early parts of the 1.9 Rollout thread. Gonna have to check on that though

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1
Where has it been revised to Thanksgiving or in what thread do I find this info?
@nascar wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Blame it on the strike.

@nascar wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

@tns wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

Trick or treat!:smileytongue:

My guess is based on three weeks between each of the remaining DAC's. One of the people normally in the Know is saying 11/9. Do you have a source for your guess of the week before Holloween?

Of course. Based on a previous thread stating that it takes 2weeks between DAC's and the fact that Joe Ambeault said it would be out in every market before Halloween. I think it might be in the early parts of the 1.9 Rollout thread. Gonna have to check on that though

Yea, blame the strike!!! Before the strike it was hurricane, before that were unfriendly customers complaining all the time about colors and fonts in new guide, before that was something else... Verizon IMG development team always looks for excuses for being so unprofessional and, yes, Joe A is still very proud of himself and his team. With this kind of attitude THEY WILL NEVER DO THINGS RIGHT, NEVER.

Company with such deep pockets unable to find good professionals to do job right  - sound ridiculous but its fact of life...

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Not to be tiresome here with a redundant question, but I have checked the Board and I cannot find where anyone has answered it for the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area region.

When is FiOS Version/Release 1.9 going to be available in my area?!

I need it for multi-hub DVR viewing; I have the equipment, but cannot use it to its full advantage.

And not to whine or complain, but:

1. Verizon in my area at the beginning of the summer said that 1.9 would be installed by the end of August at the latest.

2. At the end of August, Verizon said that 1.9 would be installed by the end of September at the latest (today is October 2).

3. At the end of September -- actually, yesterday, on 10/1/11 in an online chat session with a Verizon technical support representative -- Verizon said the 1.9 roll-out in my area would be "sometime in October, the exact date to be determined."

Now come on, guys.  Maryland is the 8th smallest state in the U.S. but -- not to pull rank or anything -- we ARE dead center in the geography of the original Thirteen Colonies, which is why we were chosen to sponsor the nation's capital by donating our own land for Washington, D.C.  If nearly the smallest state in the United States can freely give up a sizable chunk of its land for the good of the Nation (of course, some would argue that the creation of Washington, D.C. was to the detriment of the Nation, but that is another argument or another rant for another time), then we can at least expect to not be rolled out toward the end of this 1.9 grand adventure.  Or, at the very least, we could be given a more accurate time estimate for the roll-out, and not have that time estimate postponed every time we get close to the deadline.

Last time I checked, the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area is neither north of the Arctic Circle, nor South of the Antarctic Circle (though with global warming, one can never know for sure), most of us have electricity, running water, indoor plumbing, and -- last I checked -- the movies we go to at the theater (or cinema, as they say in Europe) are actually talkies!  We have mail service, at least until that great institution started by the incomparable Dr. Benjamin Franklin declares bankruptcy, as appears likely sometime in the next calendar year.

My point:  we're not off the beaten path.  Verizon would not have to blaze trails, use the Pony Express, fire off rockets to the ex-planet Pluto, dig a new Panama Canal, split the atom, or even invent the wheel in order to reach us!  For goodness sake, Verizon, you used to be Bell Atlantic, one of the original "Baby Bells," based out of Philadelphia, a scant 90 minute drive from whence I write this seemingly never-ending rant!

Verizon!  Verizon!  Have you forgotten your roots altogether?!

When are we going to get Verizon FiOS, Version/Release 1.9, in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area?!

(He cried out plaintively, as he slowly climbed down from his soapbox).

Come on, DrRussel, how naive you should be if you still believe What Verizon guys are saying? I really envy you if you still Verizon believer!!!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Mentioned earlier in this thread.

Probably 11/9, but a few have speculated earlier.

The pessimist say later or never.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

It would seem I was on the money with this one. The message has appeared here that "A New Fios Is Coming" here in B-more. Any of you seeing this in the other parts of DAC 3 (The state of VA)?

0 Likes
dcgaijin

I also saw the message this morning when I pulled up the menu (I'm in NoVA). Thinking good thoughts to avoid having negative energy screw up the rollout. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
stephenwb

I just (10/21/11, 12:35pm) got an email from Verizon advertising the new IMG. No dates mentioned, though.

I am also in NoVA.

0 Likes
kjohnson28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm here in Laurel, MD and today I got an e-mail from Verizon saying that the new img 1.9 guide is coming, as well as a message on the Guide Menu saying "It's Almost Here".  Looks like MD is finally getting img 1.9 - hopefully before the end of the month.

0 Likes