When can I get 1.9?
thereelredfish

I am in the North Dallas area. I just got my new DVR and hane the approved dvr expander but it wont work because I have 1.8.

I have to say not very happy since I thought this was done months ago. So now I have paid for a new box and a dvr expander and cant use it for what I wanted.

Can someone please help here I want 1.9 now!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When can I get 1.9?
tns
Master - Level 2

Rumors are you will be in the last group.  Probably late August early September.

0 Likes
thereelredfish

Wow really sucks that I paid for two pieces of hardware only to find that I cant use it.

I thought these new boxes came with the 1.9 but guess that is not the case. They charge you to get a new box and you still dont have the latest info or techn......what a shame

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@thereelredfish wrote:

Wow really sucks that I paid for two pieces of hardware only to find that I cant use it.

I thought these new boxes came with the 1.9 but guess that is not the case. They charge you to get a new box and you still dont have the latest info or techn......what a shame

However, if you paid for the DVR upgrade you now should have a DVR with a 500 GB drive instead of a 160 GB drive so you did get more storage.  And, when you do get 1.9 you will be able to add the 1 TB with the WD, so ultimately your money is not wasted, only spent early.

thereelredfish

Understood just very frustrating when I have paid for the new box and I have already bought the approved 1tb drive to go with it. So yes it is setting there waiting and I will be able to make use of it one day.

Why is it taking so long to roll this service out? What keep them from working in several areas at one time.

0 Likes
antvinman

I wouldn't come in here expecting sympathy.  Many of us have been tracking the release for much longer and upgraded well before you.  When DFW goes live, I'll be buying a 3TB drive for the same price you paid for your 1TB with full remaining warranty.

0 Likes
LeftyGuitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I heard the L.A. demo/VHO was last, North Texas is next to last..........

0 Likes