Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

When can I get 1.9?

thereelredfish
Contributor
Contributor

When can I get 1.9?

Message 1 of 7
(2,321 Views)

I am in the North Dallas area. I just got my new DVR and hane the approved dvr expander but it wont work because I have 1.8.

I have to say not very happy since I thought this was done months ago. So now I have paid for a new box and a dvr expander and cant use it for what I wanted.

Can someone please help here I want 1.9 now!!

6 REPLIES 6
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: When can I get 1.9?

Message 2 of 7
(2,312 Views)

Rumors are you will be in the last group.  Probably late August early September.

thereelredfish
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(2,287 Views)

Wow really sucks that I paid for two pieces of hardware only to find that I cant use it.

I thought these new boxes came with the 1.9 but guess that is not the case. They charge you to get a new box and you still dont have the latest info or techn......what a shame

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 7
(2,276 Views)

@thereelredfish wrote:

Wow really sucks that I paid for two pieces of hardware only to find that I cant use it.

I thought these new boxes came with the 1.9 but guess that is not the case. They charge you to get a new box and you still dont have the latest info or techn......what a shame

However, if you paid for the DVR upgrade you now should have a DVR with a 500 GB drive instead of a 160 GB drive so you did get more storage.  And, when you do get 1.9 you will be able to add the 1 TB with the WD, so ultimately your money is not wasted, only spent early.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
thereelredfish
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(2,273 Views)

Understood just very frustrating when I have paid for the new box and I have already bought the approved 1tb drive to go with it. So yes it is setting there waiting and I will be able to make use of it one day.

Why is it taking so long to roll this service out? What keep them from working in several areas at one time.

antvinman
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(2,210 Views)

I wouldn't come in here expecting sympathy.  Many of us have been tracking the release for much longer and upgraded well before you.  When DFW goes live, I'll be buying a 3TB drive for the same price you paid for your 1TB with full remaining warranty.

LeftyGuitar
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(2,068 Views)

I heard the L.A. demo/VHO was last, North Texas is next to last..........

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.