eSATA 1.5TB drive ready to connect will it delete existing recordings on internal drive?
DisrupTer911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally have an eSATA drive to attach but i'm curious if attaching it will delete the internal drives recordings?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: eSATA 1.5TB drive ready to connect will it delete existing recordings on internal drive?
nascar
Master - Level 1

No it does not delete the internal recordings. You will be fine.  Be aware that all buffering and new recordings will go to the eSATA.

DisrupTer911 wrote:

I finally have an eSATA drive to attach but i'm curious if attaching it will delete the internal drives recordings?

0 Likes
Re: eSATA 1.5TB drive ready to connect will it delete existing recordings on internal drive?
ABCMD
Enthusiast - Level 3

If all new recordings go to the SATA drive, what is  the original 500 gb on the 7232 storage used for after attaching the external SATA?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ABCMD wrote:

If all new recordings go to the SATA drive, what is  the original 500 gb on the 7232 storage used for after attaching the external SATA?

If the eSATA external drive fills up, new recordings will be written on the internal drive.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ABCMD
Enthusiast - Level 3

So it goes 1 tb to esata first, then overload goes back to internal hard drive?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@ABCMD wrote:

So it goes 1 tb to esata first, then overload goes back to internal hard drive?

Correct.  The internal drive now becomes the overflow drive.  Only used for new recordings when the external is full.

0 Likes