media guide filter?
peopleskey

I only subscribe to a small fraction of the available channels yet I have to scroll through all of them in the media guide. Occasionally I will select one only to find that I do not subscrive to it. What a waste of time!  Is there a way to filter out only those to which I subscribe? This seems like such a simple question that it is hard to fathom there is not an easy answer yet I am unable to figure it out. Why would anyone want to see the channels that thay cannot watch? It is like having a store full of stuff that is not for sale. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: media guide filter? - Use "Favorites"
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@peopleskey wrote:
I only subscribe to a small fraction of the available channels yet I have to scroll through all of them in the media guide ... Is there a way to filter out only those to which I subscribe? ...

Yes.  Use the Favorites function and add only those channels you wish to see in the Guide.

Incidentally, this question has been asked and answered many times, so in the future you may find the "Ask the Community" search box a helpful time saver.  If you think looking through the Guide at an endless array of unsubscribed channels is boring, try reading the same question in these forums 350 times or so per month.

Re: media guide filter?
peopleskey

armond:

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion. Actually, I did look through the community posts and could not find an answer to my question. I am familiar with the "Favorites" feature, however, it does not do what I want. I asked if there was a way to filter out only the channels to which I subscribe. It seems to me that Verizon has this information and they should be able to take out the channels that I cannot watch. If I spent several hours going though the channel guide, perhaps I could "favorite" all the channels that are part of my package. I was looking for an easier way to accomplish this. 

0 Likes
Re: media guide filter?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@peopleskey wrote:

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion ... I am familiar with the "Favorites" feature, however, it does not do what I want. I asked if there was a way to filter out only the channels to which I subscribe ... I spent several hours going though the channel guide, perhaps I could "favorite" all the channels that are part of my package. I was looking for an easier way to accomplish this. 

I am afraid that the Favorites route is the only sure method.  If you actually try it I believe you will find that the time investment is less than you anticipate.

On these forums you will find various alternative suggestions to achieve what you wish, but unfortunately in the current version of IMG 1.9.4, there is no good and permanent solution.  Good luck.

0 Likes