wth New FiOS guide?!?!
miaquinto
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been quite a week... have you seen all the backlash about the Facebook changes? Well, as if that wasn't enough, I woke up to these new Verizon FiOS Guide changes... and I can only say WTH???

Tell me... is this supposed to be easier to read??

Not even close!

Is it supposed to be easier to access??

Nope... more scrolling involved.

So please, PLEASE tell me... WHY did Verizon feel the need to change this?? It's too busy and more confusing. I keep going past the channel I want because it's got that kind of drop-down look.

This blows!

Labels (1)
Re: wth New FiOS guide?!?!
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I apologize for any inconvenience the new guide format has caused you.  For more information about the new guide and to suggest changes you'd like to see, please see our At-Home forum post, which you can find here:

http://bit.ly/f8qAwX

If you have any other questions about the guide or are in need of assistance, please send me a message or post back here.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: with New FiOS guide?!?!
CharlotteAl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more with the original post.  The new changes are ugly, cumbersome, hard to read, distracting, user unfriendly, and overall take what was a fantastic viewer experience and turn it into a terrible viewing experience.  Please don't patronize or condescend to your customers by recommending we go back and re-read the explanation you provided, what a farce of a response.  

My recommendation would be having an option to go back to the old interface.  That should be simple enough.

mkrupit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more. Called and tweeted my complaints. "Thanks for the feedback" was the reply.

As far as I can tell, IMG was designed by a web developer, not a TV designer.

Verizon - listen good here - many people watch their TV's from about 6-10 ft away. You need to give your customers a choice as to how much data they want - so the screen can remain readable from a TV-viewing distance.

And the color and font selection was poor. White text on a light bue background - not enough contrast. And the reduced kerning - squishing the letters so close together. Do you not want to have any customrs older than 40 any more?

Please, give us some control over our settop boxes.

kmm126
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is harder on the eyes, harder to read, logos are too small. Who got a raise for this suggestion?

kmm126
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also... oh c'mon, the fonts and numbers are too hard to read... tooooooooooooooo small and I have a big screen TV. It's extremely hard on the eyes from any distance. What are you thinking? Sitting 3 feet away are you? Have 20 year old eyes? Think it looks cool? Why would you possibly consider this? Did you do any marketing? Or did you think we would settle for this? Just make it bigger and less complicated to read. And, oh yeah, demote the person who tried to make brownie points.

dove11
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is bloated, less informative, and incredibly slow. Guide surfing is no longer a possibility.

This change was not needed nor is it an improvement.  Rather than forcing changes upon your paying customers, perhaps ask them if a change is needed first. 

I see nothing in this upgrade that shows an improvement in any feature I care about.  What has changed is the huge slowdown in response time of the remote control.  That is enough to turn off the TV out of frustration.

Justin46
Legend

@dove1 wrote:

This new guide is bloated, less informative, and incredibly slow. Guide surfing is no longer a possibility.

This change was not needed nor is it an improvement.  Rather than forcing changes upon your paying customers, perhaps ask them if a change is needed first. 

I see nothing in this upgrade that shows an improvement in any feature I care about.  What has changed is the huge slowdown in response time of the remote control.  That is enough to turn off the TV out of frustration.

My experience is exactly the opposite of yours.

What model STB do you have? If it is a QIP6xxx you will never be happy, it cannot display the HD Guide, and it is slow, you need to replace the STB with a 7xxx series.

My QIP7232 is a fast with 1.9 as it was with 1.8. And 1.9 has lots of new great function in many areas.

Keller, TX 76248.

Thebobo
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Karl_VZ wrote:

I apologize for any inconvenience the new guide format has caused you.  For more information about the new guide and to suggest changes you'd like to see, please see our At-Home forum post, which you can find here:

http://bit.ly/f8qAwX

If you have any other questions about the guide or are in need of assistance, please send me a message or post back here.  Thanks!

Karl, 

I can't see the channel numbers any more and the colors and fonts are a blur - .

I have to move closer to the TV now to see the channels and text in the guide.

Please tell me there is a way to go the old guide or at least increase the font  size

questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I agree with you Justin.  By the way, I also just replaced my old analog TV with a flat screen Samsung TV and now the display looks much better, very much like the photo of yours that you had posted here.  I really wasn't crazy about it at first but I feel better now that my problem is resolved and I'll bet that's the source of many of the complaints here, i.e. still using the analog TV if it's not the set top box.

0 Likes