Switch Account

Any planned feature updates for W7MC CableCard only users?

Any planned feature updates for W7MC CableCard only users?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 1 of 4
(8,818 Views)

I know I can not be the only one to have a CableCard only setup, and to use Windows 7 Media Center as their conduit to enjoying all TV things FiOS. Ceton seems to have solved their supply-chain issues with the InfiniTV4, and announced at CES an InfinTV6 and the InfiniTV4-USB products, while SiliconDust is close to releasing their HDHomeRun Prime. I don't ever recall the PC CableCard tuner alive with any activity such as this.

That said, I understand the TV anywhere, anytime, any device theme.. However, does that include Windows Media Center? All I am looking for is some way (when IPTV for Live TV is deployed) to integrate the Verizon VOD/PPV and whatever live TV will be streamed via IP into my Windows Media Center interface/guide and maybe even directly to extenders?

Thanks,

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(8,806 Views)

At CES we discussed porting the IMG to many devices... like game consoles as well as Win MCE devices.... would allow the device to fully replace a traditional set top... that is definitely in the works (and no.... I don't have dates to share... but if we are talking about it publicly that means we are making good progress on getting it to your home)

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(8,782 Views)

Thanks Joe. I know I am looking forward to what FiOS has to offer in the future!

Can you DM me the dates on Twitter? I promise I will keep them very very quiet!!! Smiley Wink Imagine an Elmer Fudd smiley here!!

Carl

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
(8,767 Views)

I can tell you that it won't be tomorrow or probably the day after that... but that I have several of these devices working in my office... and my meeting before this event was a status update from the development team.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.