Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Are there any new HD channels on the horizon?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any new HD channels on the horizon?

Message 1 of 7
(6,246 Views)

I know our house would love Cartoon Network and G4 - and can do without Pets.TV et al.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Are there any new HD channels on the horizon?

Message 2 of 7
(6,240 Views)

Oh most def... there are also 3D and SD channels coming.  You should see a steady addition of channels over the rest of the year... just in the last 1-2 months we have added ESPN 3D, TruTV HD, BET HD, FSC HD... with more to come.... including the ones you referenced.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 2 of 7
(6,241 Views)

Oh most def... there are also 3D and SD channels coming.  You should see a steady addition of channels over the rest of the year... just in the last 1-2 months we have added ESPN 3D, TruTV HD, BET HD, FSC HD... with more to come.... including the ones you referenced.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(6,206 Views)

You are going to add SD channels?  Personally, I would vote for no additional SD at all.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 7
(6,195 Views)

Well... the SD channels are primarily sourced from international markets... a decent chunk of the rest of the world hasn't really made the leap to HD quite yet... there are lots of requests in the Idea Exchange for channels from South America, Asia and Europe.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(6,130 Views)

@Joe_Ambeault wrote:

Well... the SD channels are primarily sourced from international markets... a decent chunk of the rest of the world hasn't really made the leap to HD quite yet... there are lots of requests in the Idea Exchange for channels from South America, Asia and Europe.

How about the "HD Channel Vote Board" that you said you would look into here http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/HD-Programming-or-Channel-Vote-Board/idi-..., what's the status on that?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 6 of 7
(6,115 Views)
I want all Canadian channels.  Please!

@Joe_Ambeault wrote:

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 7
(6,039 Views)

@Joe_Ambeault wrote:

I would have loved to pick up the Spanish language package, at an even much higher cost that the $11.95 you now charge. If you would have just added Peruvian channels. Now I think you would have to pay my DTV ETF. I have a DTV dish on my fince and pay them $29 a month for trash I don't want. Only because I could not get any channels from Peru. Wives have a very strong influence over what we get and don't get.Smiley Mad

Go Joe Go. Now making DTV go will be harder. Having two providers really stinks. Not to mention most of 165 SD channels do not even get seen. Only a handfull of Spanish channels get watched. What a waist. I could sure have invested that $30 in Verizon, and kept my Ultimate.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.