Import contacts
Justin46
Legend

Import Contacts consistently fails for me. Just tried it on the new webmail interface and got an error message "CSV Import Failed", no explanation. Trying to import from Windows Live Mail, is that the problem? You need to support more than just Outlook and Thunderbird. And you need better error messages.

0 Likes
Import contacts
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Justin,

I appreciate your continued interest!Smiley Happy

Question/Issue:

Import Contacts consistently fails for me. Just tried it on the new webmail interface and got an error message "CSV Import Failed", no explanation. Trying to import from Windows Live Mail, is that the problem? You need to support more than just Outlook and Thunderbird. And you need better error messages.

Answer:

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be sure to review the error messages and update them to be more meaningful.

Do you plan to continue using the Windows Live Mail or are you planning on using your verizon.net email account exclusively?

Via the Settings/Import tab, you can import all your emails and contacts into Verizon Message Center. You can either import all at once and discontinue use of Windows Live Mail with the Import and Switch or choose Import POP3 Email to import all your content and manage the Windows Live Mail from Verizon Message Center.

0 Likes
Import contacts
Justin46
Legend

Lorena_VZ wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will be sure to review the error messages and update them to be more meaningful.

Do you plan to continue using the Windows Live Mail or are you planning on using your verizon.net email account exclusively?

Via the Settings/Import tab, you can import all your emails and contacts into Verizon Message Center. You can either import all at once and discontinue use of Windows Live Mail with the Import and Switch or choose Import POP3 Email to import all your content and manage the Windows Live Mail from Verizon Message Center.

1) I plan to continue using Windows Live Mail, I simply do not want to leave my email messages on a server in the sky that could fail or disappear at any time. Plus I like to have access to all of my old emails even when I am not connected to the Internet.

2) Notwithstanding the above, the import contacts (not import and switch or import POP3 email) is what I have tried, multiple times over the last few years, most recently today. It has failed every single time, from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail. I have never been an Outlook user, never will be. I do have Thunderbird installed, but I only used it to prepare a presentation on email clients to a computer club. 

I guess what I am trying to get across is that a) I am a committed email client user, will always be, and b) your webmail interface needs work, particularly in the import contacts area, it needs to work, and to work with many more clients than Outlook and Thunderbird.

Oh, and thanks for participating here, appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Import contacts
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Justin,

I will certainly look into expanding the number of email clients we can import contacts from in addition to clarifying the error messages.

In the meantime, you can continue to view your email content in Windows Live Mail as well as in Verizon Message Center. You can import your contacts to Verizon Message Center and POP your mail to Verizon Message Center without affecting your ability to check email in Windows Live Mail.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Re: Import contacts
Lorena_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, just continuing to follow up on some of this informationSmiley Happy 

Users are able to important any/all their contacts via the Import& Switch setting within the Verizon Message Center (using Trueswitch).  If users have "Verizon Classic Webmail" they can import their contacts by hitting the Transfer link on the webmail.verizon.com/signin page.

0 Likes