Account paid in full but is now in collection!
Girma

As others on this board, although I paid all balances in full, I received today a letter from a collection agency about an outstanding balance on my old Internet+phone bundle account. I dropped my phone plan at the end of August last year. After not getting bills for the internet only account for 2 months, I finally received a bill for the same in January of this year and sent in the payments. When I checked my account online, however, the payment I sent in was not being reflected. Contacting Verizon led to a refund being made for the same amount as the payment did not post to the correct account. After receiving the check, I sent in a payment for the same amount to the new internet only account number I was given. When trying to upgrade my internet only service to a TV plus Internet bundle last week, I learned that there was still a balance on my Internet+Phone account and that this had placed a hold on my account due to credit restrictions. I have talked to several representativeson the phone. Although a number of representatives could see what the problem is, no one seems inclined to take the trouble to get to the bottom of the problem to find out where things went wrong. In the meantime, I have a bill from a collection agency to deal with. I am at my wits end trying to find a solution, but am just getting fed up with the run around I'm getting from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Account paid in full but is now in collection!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Girma

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
dfancote
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow - same issue with verizon, several years ago.  I never started a dsl back in 2003, but yet I have it out on my credit record.  tried to talk to reps, who keep saying they will put in file, yet when I call again, they conviently cannot find it.  Reps have a bad habit of not being able to see problems.  I was told by a rep in april of 2011 that I would get a year at 99.00, because of all the issues.  Verizon is refusing to honor that promise, and they supposedly dont see it in notes.  They promise and then break the promise they keep.  Thats ok, I  was told it would be a total of 150.00 until april 2012 and then only go up 15.00 more after that, so that is what they have been and will be getting paid.  Its bad enough when you log in, it automatically tells you your session has timed out, when you just logged in.  and when you try to delete messages, keep getting " please validat...... and the list goes blank.  Or if you delete, it confirms, yet when the screen comes back up, the deleted messages are still there.  Something sure is not right, and we have had the techs touch the computer.  I cant wait till my contract is up, this is not worth the money, or i may just cancel and pay there stupid fee.

0 Likes
ClaytonC01

im in the same boat... been working the issue for over a month now with very little help, i think my next step is consulting my attorrney..

0 Likes
Jim31767
I am in the same situation. I closed my account and paid my final bill and they arbitrarily sent me to a collection agency. I also just upped for their Ipad $30 a mos plan and they never said a word about there being any problems with my old account. I never received any correspondence at all pertaining to any outstanding balances. I will get my friend, who is an Attorney to fight me me with this totally bogus collection. In my wildest imagination, I would have never guessed that Verizon would try to scam me because I closed my account-in excellent standing!
0 Likes