Another example of their FINE (sarcastically written) customer services!
jvizzarri
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Thursday evening 10/6 I contacted Verizon regarding one on my HD Set Top Boxes which does not allow for me to set the graphics for the GUIDE to as wide as my TV screen.  I was told that I have an older BOX.  I said to the guy, not sure why I would have an older box since I signed up for service in August 2010 and received all new boxes. ( Except on this particular box I had to replace it because it just stopped working)  so in essence Verizon, when they replaced it sent me an OLDER version of what I initially had.  Okay, no problem, mistakes happen etc. etc. etc.   The rep, who was very nice, said that he would place an order for a replacement box and that I would have it on Saturday, Octoberm 8th.    Oct 8th comes and goes, no box.   I say to myself, give it another day, it should come by Monday, October 10th. 

Today is Oct 10th, I take it upon myself to call Verizon to check on the status.  Simple request you would think?  I tell the rep that I was expecting the box on Saturday, he (Shawn) said that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday.  (That's funny because I see lots of BIG BROWN Trucks riding the streets on Saturday, plus it would have been to early for me to receive.)  I told him, that I was just repeating what the original rep told me Thursday night.  I suspect the order was never placed!  The rep tells me to hold on, let me see if I can get a tracking number.  After 5 minutes on hold, he comes back to tell me something was wrong with the TOOL that was used to place my order.  OF COURSE THERE WAS.     He said that it was routed to the wrong deptartment.   Now, I don't know I may be stretching this and asking for too much here, but my line of service requires me to work with customers and their issues.   When a customer has an issue and I tell them that it will be resolved on a specific date, I check to make sure it was indeed resolved and then follow up with the customer on that date.   If my request was routed to the WRONG department like Shawn said, don't you think that department should have rerouted my request to the correct department?   This just goes to solidify my early suspicion that the request never did take place and that if I hadn't called, I'd be waiting much much longer!

I was simply offered an apology (which sometimes that is all it takes and warranted), but come on, I waitied around for UPS on Saturday, my day off.  My time is important to me and my time is worth money also!

When you enter into agreement with a company the agreement goes both ways.  I agree to subscribe to your service for 24 months and you agree to provide me with that service at an exceptional degree of service!   If I weren't to pay my bill, my service would be cut off so when Verizion fails to deliver that exceptional service, why aren't I permitted to cancel without penalty or offered some compensation!

Let's see how Verizon will ignore this complaint!  I'm still waiting for them to respond to when their REP hung up on me.

0 Likes
Re: Another example of their FINE (sarcastically written) customer services!
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
jvizzarri,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes