Asurian wireless = verizon insurance fraud....
hockman5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had just signed up for Verizon Fios service at my house. Upon completing the required credit application, the next day I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card for $199.99. I disputed this charge and my credit card company credited my account. The next day there were two more charges from the same company, Asurian Wireless Ins  I did some research and it appears that many other Verizon customers have also been the victims of these fraudulent charges. I just wanted to warn people of this. In my opinion there is someone at Verizon that is providing credit card numbers (which the only way they could have got it is by running my credit report when I signed up for Fios) to Asurian and getting a commission, that is just my opinion however.

0 Likes
Re: Asurian wireless = verizon insurance fraud - Look Again
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@hockman5 wrote:

I had just signed up for Verizon Fios service at my house. Upon completing the required credit application, the next day I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card for $199.99. I disputed this charge and my credit card company credited my account. The next day there were two more charges from the same company, Asurian Wireless Ins ... it appears that many other Verizon customers have also been the victims of these fraudulent charges ... there is someone at Verizon that is providing credit card numbers (which the only way they could have got it is by running my credit report when I signed up for Fios) ...

There is no such thing as "Verizon FiOS Insurance."  Asurian Wireless is a company that insures wireless phones.  Wireless phones have absolutely nothing to do with Verizon FiOS, which is provided through Verizon Communications.  These are two separate companies.

Whatever agreement you signed or contract you agreed to is between you and a third party that you voluntarily did business with.  Be careful because it really is a jungle out there.

0 Likes