Bait and Switch $200 Gift Card
frankman24

Seems like lots of posts about bait and switch on Verizon Promotions...So here is mine....I renewed my service 3 months ago and part of the offer for a 2 year renewal was a $200 Gift Card. I called this evening to ask status and I now I'm getting the run around....bascially a nice rep told me she saw no record of a gift card and has passed on to another department (which of course is closed in the evening.)  I'm expecting the same response when I call them in the morning. 

The real disppointing part was the term "bait and switch" came to mind before I googled "verizon bait and switch" and found lots of hits. 

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch $200 Gift Card
varanda01
I too have fallen victim to Verizon's deceptive marketing tactics. I signed up online, ordered tv & internet with 2 year service commitment for the $200 gift card offer in February 2014. I called their customer service dept the day I ordered service to ensure I had followed all steps and would receive gift card. I was told by their customer service rep that after 2 or 3 payments I would receive the gift card. After 4 payments processed I called to inquire status, spoke with 2 different reps & same sad story, "your billing order doesn't reflect promo offer. Sorry!" The better business bureau along with ALL DFW chamber of commerce chapters will be notified of Verizon's deceptive & misleading practices! They've lost a loyal client with me and will continue to lose even more clients to their competitors.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi varanda01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
frankman24
I've been looking for 30 minutes to find this area in My Profile that the verizon rep mentions. Is there any better description.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi frankman24,

Did you call support again, as you posted?  If so, what was their response?

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing out your private support case, if you still requires assistane please feel frre to create a new post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
frankman24
I misplaced the phone number (it was for some Promotions department.). Do I really have to start all over?
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi frankman24,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Frankman24,
Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes