Begging for help from Verizon - Customer Advocate?
akimp34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am absolutely appaled that this is a chronic problem with Verizon. Apparently when I canceled my account they split my services into 2 separate accounts (unknowing to me). I paid my remaining balance on the website (the same way I've been paying for years) and thought that was the end of it. However, I kept seeing a balance on the website. I called at least 3 times in 2 months to find out my balance and why, even though I paid it, there continued to be the same balance showing. Each service member told me that it was not true, that I owed nothing. The last person I spoke to even told me that Verizon owed ME that balance. I even got his name and badge number. I did in fact recieve a check from them as a refund. So after 2 months of hearing nothing from them, no calls, no e-mails, etc., I get a letter from the collection agency that they use instructed me that I've been turned over. After spending hours on the phone with them yesterday, absolutely NOTHING got resolved. The "supervisor" that I spoke to told me that she didn't know why this was happening and that I should contact billing. When she transferred me over to them they literally laughed at me and said they didn't know why their Financial/Collections department transferred me over because they can't tell me anything. Nobody would give me their last name, badge number, OR transfer me to someone who could give me answers. When I called the "supervisor" back at the Collections department the service rep would no longer speak to me (mind you I am NOT yelling, cursing, or anything of that sort) and would ONLY give me the number to the Collection Agency that they turned me over to. I am worried that this will hurt my credit based on the other posts in this forum. I wish that there was some sort of customer advocate that I could reach.

I have ALWAYS paid my Verizon bills on time and have never had any issues until closing my account. I am begging for help from Verizon and nobody will give me an information as to why I got a refund of my money and was then turned to a Collections Agency.

I mainly want to know if Verizon will report this on my credit.