Billing Mistakes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

In October I signed up for Double Play (FIOS Internet and Digital Phone service) with free installation for a rate of $94.99 a month. In late October I received my first bill and  it seemed to reflect the correct charges for the approximately six weeks of service that I had to that time. 

Today, I reviewed my on-line bill that is due in December and find that now I am being charged , I'm being charged for installation services, a phone number change (I was told I would be able retain my old phone number, but Verizon seemed to have trouble at first making that happen.)  And I find that I am being charged an Internet Activation fee.  It looks like I am being overcharged at least $165 this month.

I sure would appreciate someone taking a look at this and making the necessary changes to correct it.  I suspect since I'm on Autopay (if it works this month) that Verizon will get paid the whole amount I'm being charged.  If that happens, I will expect a refund.

This is really a more than a little aggravating after what I went through to get FIOS Internet and Digital Phone service installed correctly.  I can say that so far everyone I spoke with at Verizon has been very courteous and that's appreciated.  Now if you can only get your billing people to get there act together.   I'm already beginning to regret moving my phone and Internet services to Verizon and hope that someone can help me get this billing issued corrected without me spending hours on the phone.

Thanks,

Bob Lambert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billing Mistakes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Spoke with the billing representative again today.   I thinke we've got everything resolved now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.
0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

After further reviewing my notes, the Double Play service I signed up for (FIOS Internet (25/25) & Unlimited Digital Phone) were supposed to be $84.95/month with free installation and porting my old phone number to the Verizon.  The first pieces of paper I got from Verizon in the mail, however, showed I would be charged $94.99/month.  So I was incorrect in stating that I had been overcharged $165. It's more like $180 as I've already paid for Oct/Nov.  The current bill shows I'm being charged for them again, plus the installation fees.

By the way, no one has reached out to me yet.  But, with the weekend here, I expect Monday is the earliest I should expect an answer.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for helping.

I received a phone call from the billing department a few moments ago.  Some adjustments are being made to my bill, but it sounds like I'll still be paying more per month than what I thought the agreement was for.

At the time I signed up for the Double Play bundle I had tried signing up on line, but could never successfully complete the transaction. I then called to try to get Double Play service and explained that I couldn't get the on-line transactions to successfully work and was told that I could still get the same deal.  The billing person I spoke with said that the only way to get the on-line rate was to sign up on-line and that I would now be paying $15 more per month than I originally thought.  The billing person is to remove the installation and set-up charges, but for some reason I couldn't understand this month's bill will have another extra $20 on it. 

I guess I'll see what that's about when the revised bill is posted.

Verizon needs to come up with clear, easy to understand offerings, and quit playing what seems like "Bait and Switch".  From the beginning, when I signed up in October, I expected to see a$79.99 +taxes and fees monthly bill, with free set-up and installation and it wasn't until the end of last week that I saw what my bill is going to be going forward.  Obviously there was some misunderstanding and miscommunication going on while I was trying to get my service established.  My order for phone service was deleted at least twice and at least twice I was told that a service issue would be addressed, only to find out it hadn't been, and was only discovered again after I called back.  I'm afraid that has tainted my impression of Verizon and the veracity of what I may be told over the phone.

On the brighter side, the Internet service seems to be meeting the stated parameters and I'm happy with the phone service so far.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Spoke with the billing representative again today.   I thinke we've got everything resolved now.

0 Likes
rami1

I had the same experience.  Verizon always tries to cheat its customers. They also make it difficult to email them, from external or internal means.  When you call you better record the conversation as they lie later. They wanted me to call everymonth to get a credit for the "activation fee" which they never mentioned when ordered the service. I called asking them to stop service but they continue to bill.  ALWAYS CHEATING.  They also refuse to receive calls over skype, which I have to do from overseas.

0 Likes
Dusty111

My phone and computer services have been vacation suspended since 12/27/11 why is my bill so high.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Merged with original topic
0 Likes