Charged for MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO Fight after getting ERROR message
hvr1001
Enthusiast - Level 1

After viewing many threads, I thought I would share my situation, hoping that someone else has experienced this, and hoping that I could get the help I require and desire. 

On May 2nd at 8:38pm, I attempted to order the MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO fight via my television.  I got an error message, asking me to call.  I did so, and was prompted by the automated system that the billing department was closed. I then in turn called 1800 VERIZON at 8:39pm, only to be met with busy tone.  I then attempted to order the fight again via the television, only to see the same error message.  Wanting to really see this fight, I logged into Verizon on my mobile phone's browser to order the fight, only to receive another error message. 

At this point, I gave up, realizing that my husband and I were not going to watch this fight (we ended up binging on Daredevil via Netflix!)

On Thursday, May 21st I get home from work to find my Verizon bill charging me for the event! I quickly called, explained the situation to the representative, who told me she would temporarily credit the account and would have it placed under review. On Friday May 22nd while at work, I get a call from Verizon, explaining that my account was review and it shows that we watched the event.  That rep advised me to call back and speak to Fiber Solutions.  I found this odd, and asked if I could just be transferred, and was met with a dial tone.

Once I got home, I called Verizon and asked to be connected to Fiber Solutions. After being transferred around a few times, I was on hold on and off for about an hour, being told the same, that I watched the event.  One rep even told me he received a call similar to mines the week prior, and nothing was done for them.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was able to tell me that I began viewing the event at 9:12pm -- 30 minutes after I attempted to order it!  She asked me why I didn't wait to see if the event would show up on my screen. I asked her, did she expect me to stare at an error message on my television for 30 minutes?  She then questioned why I didn't call Verizon the next day to ensure that it was an error.  I then asked her, why would I call Verizon the next day to question that, if I received an error message? That obviously did not occur to me, as it was an ERROR message and follow up on Verizon's error. The supervisor offered me a $10 off. I told her I did NOT want $10 off my bill; I wanted this $99.99 charge off my bill, as I did not watch this event. She went ahead and told me there was nothing else she could do, stated I could email Verizon for further assistance, and told me to have a nice day...

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charged for MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO Fight after getting ERROR message
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hvr1001,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Charged for MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO Fight after getting ERROR message
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hvr1001,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes