Currently Disappointed
branwei

I have been a Verizon Customer for around 5 or 6 years. I have enjoyed the TV quality, and the Internet abilities. I have had pretty good customer service over the years until today. I am pretty disappointed, and upset. A few months back I renewed my contract with Verizon and made some changes due to needing to be cautious about my bill expenses. Since that time, in recent weeks, I have had a major life change which has made me need to reconsider my coverage package. A few months ago, the agent whom I renewed my package with stated that if I would need to consider dropping my TV for a little while, and only keeping my internet coverage for a little while in order to save some money, that doing this would not cause me to incur any kind of fees. I was told at that time that I would not receive any crazy fees like drop fees, or discontinue fees because if I at least kept the internet, I would still be keeping some type of Fios coverage, and this would prevent any early termination fees. Now I have had a Major Life Event that has caused me to need to find every way possible to drop my bills anywhere and everywhere  that I can.     

I am not sure if it is this strike going on that has customer service persons who are not doing anything to work with customers or what. But I spoke on the Phone, and in support one on one text with two different agents who are trying to tell me that I would have to pay a termination fee of over 200 dollars by the text person. Or keep some level of tv by the one on the phone. This is not what I was told a few months ago. I am desperate to save money, and Now for the first time since the competitor Comcast screwed me with a billing issue. I am actually considering completely dropping Fios and switching back to Comcast for Internet only. If someone in Fios Management decides that they would be willing to honestly work with me, I currently have 75/75 internet speed with current package. I would be willing to pay for the next level up which apparently is one of only a few speeds available in my area of 100/100, or maybe even 150/150. But if they decide that they do not want to work with me, and do not want to allow me to completely drop the TV coverage, then I am not sure at this time of need that I will actually want to continue the service that I have enjoyed for a very long time. I will also Blast them heavily on the internet to gain more attention towards the current problems of the Verizon Company.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Currently Disappointed
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Currently Disappointed in Customer Service
Awful_Service

I had contacts with four customer service reps today. One was excellent, three were awful.

Issue, looking to reduce my monthly FIOS expense. This is not a novel or difficult inquiry.

1. Used the Chat LIne, after 30 minuted of texting back and forth, the Verizon rep was disconnected. I was still online and another Rep picked it up. The first rep was trying, but not really knowledgeable about all options.

2. Second chat rep, had to read through the half hour of texting and really came up with an insulting discount. I asked ablout comparable new customer rates and was blown off. another 20 minutes.

3. I called the new customer promotions line and went to an existing customer rep. The Rep Rockie, from the Phillipines was excellent within her assigned job. Vvery knowledgeable and solid English skills. Must give credit where it is deserved.Two issues remaining were if there is a senior citizen discount and corporate employee discount.

4. Rockei transferred me to another Verizon Customer REp who could answer those questions. After going through the name verification, account number and phone, with alternate the rep had no idea if these douscounts were available, he placed me on hold, I waited until I was disconnected. She had my naame and number and could ahave called back.

That's two disconnections by Verizon, about 2 1/2 hours of time with only modest results.

The billing is really screwed up as well, but that is another issue. Getting custome service involved with tha just scares me.

0 Likes