False advertisement???
TienDu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I looked online and saw a deal for verizon fios triple play and went to the phone and ask the verizon department how much it would cost without the phone plan.  So they put me on fios double play.  I said I would like it and they said the earliest they could get their technician out was 3 weeks from this date.  All was good the technician came and did their job and the internet turn on and the tv turned on, but later found out the channel I thought I had didn't subscribed so I called verizon support.  The first call I was put on waiting list for 32 minutes and I talked with a old lady and told her why my Select HD channels were not subscribed and she told me I was still on dsl and my fios was not activated yet, which made no sense.  See then ask me if I wanted fios, but I told her my fios was activated today and she later checked and said "oh i see it now and that my package is still processing, please check back tommorow.".  So I call the next day and was put on the waiting list for 28 minutes this time.  Then a gentlemen answers the phone "I asked the same thing, he told me the department that handles the processing is closed on sundays and he can't help process this order any faster so call back tommorow".  So today I called another guy check our account and says we don't have Select HD with our fios double play we only have local channels with that deal to upgrade it will cost $74.99 base cost.  I said online it says $69.99 and he said there was no such deals so I gave him the link http://www.verizon.com/home/bundles/fios/ and said look at the bottom right corner and look at FiOS Double Play No Annual Agreement (includes Fios Select TV and Fios Internet 15/5 for $69.99).  So he looked at the site put me on hold later to come back says that only verizon offers this deal and he couldn't deal it down to this price.  Later he says that is a online offer only (doesn't state that anywhere that i can see not even when I click on the see details) and if you order by phone it cost $5 extra per month.  He gave me advice on how to get the deal was to cancel my account, then he ponder for 2-3 minutes and said if I cancel my account I will have to wait 60 days to be a new member again and apply online for that deal.

Long story short: Order the fios double play on Saturday, found out monday the plan didn't include the 140 Select HD channel plan and I needed to upgrade to get it which would cost $74.99.  Is there noway I can get the advertise price of $69.99.  I know that they don't price match other companies, but do they price match their own company???

Re: False advertisement???
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

My empathy to you. I had similar experience and I ordered online, but there was still mistakes made to my deal. If you would, see my post titled, "Verizon deceptive practice".

0 Likes
TienDu
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that in 5 hours they took that ad out (very good solution to hide the evidence).  They have a new option now that I see under (make your own bundle option) same deal option 1 if you remove the tv option and 2 year option it is still $69.99.  When I check my accounts and service tab it says my that I only have a internet plan 15/5 at $69.99 and that I don't have tv plan.  I wounder what the real amount that will be due next month with all fees, taxes.  I have a feeling it will be a shocker.

Found out the only place it states about online offer and phone offers.  They  put it in the FAQ section (which helps noone, who really check this section under most commonly asked questions before buying their product at least put it in small print font size 3 will work under the section you are advertising in).  Even the sales people of verizon couldn't find where this was typed.

Can I get a better deal if I call?

Our online shopping experience has been custom-tailored to always provide you with our best price available. What's more, we provide discounts that can ONLY be claimed online-and nowhere else!

0 Likes
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I document everything when I chat with verizon reps. I screen-print their prices and saved it, in case later on they change it. For example, a verizon agent told me that the bundle price of $34.99 was not available for me and only $39.99 was available. I went to Services menu to check it and it said that the $34.99 was available at my address, when I logged in. I screen copied it in case I need it when my next bill comes up.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AlienK wrote:

Now I document everything when I chat with verizon reps. I screen-print their prices and saved it, in case later on they change it. For example, a verizon agent told me that the bundle price of $34.99 was not available for me and only $39.99 was available. I went to Services menu to check it and it said that the $34.99 was available at my address, when I logged in. I screen copied it in case I need it when my next bill comes up.

Good idea to save it. 

Note that online prices often are NOT available through agents.  They give a discount for not having you tie up an agent.

0 Likes
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

TNS_2,

I ordered online and mistaks were still made. Please see my post titled "Verizon deceptive practice".

0 Likes