Issues with Verizon Triple Play Package
zalichi

I originally had only Verizon DSL internet. I decided to upgrade to the Triple Play package. I have never had DirecTV before, this is the first time. Anyway, the guy comes out and sets everythign up and I think everything is fine.

On Super Bowl Sunday my DirecTV got shut off. I called Verizon cusomer support and they told me that I had to call DirecTV. So I called DirecTV and they told me that I didn't have any kind of bundle with Verizon, and the reason they shut it off is because I hadn't been paying. I called Verizon again and they told me that it takes 3 months for DirecTV to show up on my bill, and that I would have to pay DirecTV separately until then. I don't receive a bill, so I'm not sure how to do that. I called DirecTV again and paid them over $50 to turn my service back on, so I could at least watch the end of the Super Bowl. I had missed over half of it by then. I paid over the phone by credit card.

I then emailed customer support and told them everything. Also, if I pay DirecTV separately, it comes out to over $100 a month, not the $85.99 quoted when I signed up online. Without even reading my email I get a canned response from Kathryn saying that when I "integrate" my DirecTV service with my Verizon bill, it will take up to two billing cycles to show up. Also, if I want the price quoted to me, I have to redeem some kind of DirecTV rebates.

Let me make it very clear.

I did not "integrate" any pre-existing DirecTV service with my Verizon account. I signed up for it on the Verizon website with the Triple Play package.

I didn't receive any kind of rebate. I don't see how it's possible to redeem something that I don't have.

I don't even receive a DirecTV bill. Am I supposed to call every month to find out how much I owe and pay over the phone?

Has anyone else, had any similar issues? Does anybody have any idea what I should do to fix this? Customer support doesn't even listen to my problem, or make any attempt to fix it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with Verizon Triple Play Package
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
zalichi
I filled out the form I was sent through pm and haven't heard back yet. I just got a bill from Directv for $250! Is this what normally happens when you sign up for a bundle? I shouldn't owe $250 even if I haven't paid anything at all. This is ridiculous.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please message the agent who sent you the form and let them know.

0 Likes
zalichi
I messaged him as soon as I submitted it.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Message him again and let him know about the bill.

0 Likes
zalichi

Will do.

0 Likes