New customers roped in and ripped off
venandane

Three months ago I switched to Verizon FIOS. I heard its the best service for triple (phone internet tv). The customer rep on the phone told me the $150 installation charges would be waived after I sign up for the 2 year contract. I was happy for the deal, with my custom TV channels, 50 mbps, and basic phone services. All was good until the bill came. Lo and Behold! there was the $150 installation fee in the bill staring me in the face. So I called customer service. I was shocked to be told by another rep (a male; the promise was made by a female) that the installation fee is never waived, and that the promise of the waiver was never recorded in the system. Of course. Another promise was made: the the original rep who made the promise was going to call me on Monday to resolve the issue. No call came; no surprise there. I called again, no rep was willing to help. I even chatted with a rep, who ask if I had a screenshot of the promise for a waiver. I wish I did, but how cleaver the promise was made over the phone, not over the chat channel. I asked for the verizon rep to get the recording for the conversation when the promise was made. He said that verizon don't have access to that. What!? Verizon records phone conversation only to save its own **bleep**, but not the customer's?! Typical. I am stuck with the bill, or so verizon thought. I am paying the bill minus the $150 installation fee. I am waiting for Verizon to make the next move. i paid thee cycles already, the $150 is recurring every month, there may be fees added, but I haven't seen any as yet. I will also not pay the fees accrued, just my monthly bill. Your move Verizon.

Jesodra,

0 Likes
Re: New customers roped in and ripped off
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi venandane,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes