Someone else's payment posted to my account ...
chespk15

... and VZ customer service cannot remove it, even 2+ months later.

In mid-October I noticed an $89.99 payment that was not made by me post to my account.  My monthly payment is a different amount.  A call to customer service indicated it was made by check - shown as type "Others" -  (I pay by a different method online ) and that it would be removed from my account.  I got notification that the billing case was closed.

The same payment re-appeared twice in November and, after a very long phone call to customer service which involved being transferred to multiple people to resolve the issue: it turns out the payment was sent back to the originator, but the originator (bank or payment service) denied the returned payment .  This was re-posted to my account with a different case number.  I couldn't accept a check for that amount to clear it out of the account since it wasn't my payment and it would eventually be resolved (and, in good humor - it's very nice that someone inadvertently paid my bill instead of their bill, but it's not my money) and they apparently couldn't determine which account was supposed to be credited.  I pay my normal amount monthly regardless of the $89.99 credit throwing off my account.

I checked today and the account is still showing an $89.99 credit.

I do not want to spend another 45 min/hour or more fixing someone else's problem.  The only problem it causes me is it throws off my bill, showing a credit which shouldn't be there, when I still pay the full correct amount due each month.

Is there some way for Verizon to permanently remove the $89.99 payment from my account?  Or is that impossible since it has to be assigned to an account, even if it's the incorrect one?

One would think it would be easy, but experience has shown otherwise.

0 Likes
Re: Someone else's payment posted to my account ...
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking primarily to other customers here.

My guess is that someone is using a bill payment system and entered their Verizon account number wrong.  It just happens to be your account.  if that's the case, I can see why Verizon would have a hard time knowing what to do with the payment.  There probably isn't any way for them to figure out where it is coming from.  Hopefully the originator of the payments will notice their Verizon bill isn't being paid and fix the issue on their end.  I've no idea how Verizon will deal with the credits you are building up.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi chespk15,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
chespk15

Thanks - can it be by email or forum message only.  I have a hard enough time as it is hearing on the phone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It will most likely be email.

0 Likes
chespk15

I just got the new bill.  The mystery payment is still there and has been treated as a credit as in the past, meaning I technically do not have to pay this bill.  I am still paying my normal amount as I discussed with a customer service representative last year.

I have not received any email or private messages (preferred) aside from a phone call about two weeks ago.

I'm guessing this renewed case is still being investigated without much success at a resolution!

0 Likes