Verizon Double Play is a SCAM!!
ancloud87

After receving about 4 different letters from Verizon regarding this awesome deal for both cable and internert service for the low price of $50 + taxes and fees, I decide to look into it. So last week, I called about setting up service with them. I originally called in and was told to set up my services online so that I could receive a waiver on my installation and activation fees which is great because I'm a struggling law student and I'll take all the waivers I can get!

So after setting up the service, I was told (I was on the phone with the agent the entire time) to save the items to my cart so that she could go in and finalize everything (I'm sure so that she could get the commission or whatever for geting me to set up the service). So I did that. I received the e-mail with information regarding the breakdown of my services and everything. I actually received two e-mails - One confirming everything I had discussed with the agent and later another e-mail that stated that I still had an item in my saved cart. Well I figured this was an error so I ignored the e-mail. While also on the phone with the agent, we scheduled a time for the technician to set up the service and everything. That was a week ago. The technician was supposed to come today.

After not hearing anything from anyone, I called to make sure that a technician was still coming out to set up service only to find out that somehow my service was mysteriously cancelled and that the deal that I had set up was no longer available. Also, Verizon claims to have NO record of my order. The agent tried to explain that it may have been becuase there was no record of an apartment number for my order even though I know for a fact that I selected my apartment number and even if I didn't it would only take a simple phone call or e-mail to get the information from me! Now because of all of those pestering letters, I decided to go with Verizon and cancel my service with Comcast so now I have NOTHING! I should have just stayed with Comcast if I wanted to deal with TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Because the deal that I received numerous letters about no longer existed, the customer service agent tried to offer me the EXACT SAME DEAL for $72.99 + taxes and fees! Really?! After I told her that I would NOT be setting up service for any price other than what I was promised, she told me there was nothing she could do. She then transferred me to someone in the internet department who told me that I should be transferred to customer service which is EXACTLY who just transferred me to her! Then after I asked for a manager he directed me to go online like 39239075 times after I told him that I had already done eeverything I could online. He looked up my account and of course he had NO RECORD! Then when I told him that I could forward the e-mails with all of the information that he would need that specifically lays out the plan I signed up for and everything and he told me he could not give me his e-mail address! All he told me was that my best bet would be to go online and speak to the chat team...REALLY?! There's no live person I can speak to?!

What ever happened to customer service or the common decency to follow through with your customers, Verizon? I expected so much more from this company and now I'm stuck with no service of any kind at all.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Double Play is a SCAM!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ancloud87,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Double Play is a SCAM!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes