Verizon makes everyone pay to get rid of obsolete TV hardware.
prisaz
Legend

Verizon makes everyone pay to get rid of obsolete TV hardware. IE: QIP-6xxx that did not support 1.9 properly and will not support MPEG4 plans for their expansion and marketing! Regardless if your hardware is old or not. Verizon customer service just as everyone says, sucks.

Everything they say or do is written by lawyers, and read from a script. Not to mention they can't even read it right, because it sends them in circles too. Is it a $6 increase or $2 increase? It is $2 no wait it is $6. $6 is not going to make me go broke. But being nickle and dimed and strung along from one commitment contract to another just to get a good deal has me fed up!

I am strongly considering the termination fees, even after being with Verizon FiOS since launch. No one will give you a straight answer. I have been a strong supporter, but everything has gone down hill in the past 1-1/2 to 2 years. It has not gotten better but worse.

Read the items in red below. Everything I was told contradicts its self.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Your chat session has ended. Thank You.

Your chat ID number is xxxxxxxxxx.  Please select Exit to close this window.

Print   Copy to Clipboard   Exit

A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.

Agent Jefferson has joined. (11:18:38)

Jefferson : Chat ID for this session is xxxxxxxxxx. (11:18:38)

Jefferson(11:18:43): Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our Verizon chat service. I would be happy to help you place your order.

For quality and security purposes, your session is recorded and may be monitored or reviewed. Please do not provide sensitive information such as social security, bank account or credit card numbers to the chat agent. May we view your account information, including the services you subscribe to, to assist you during this chat with respect to available Verizon products and services? You may deny us permission, which will have no effect on your current services. Under federal law, it is your right and our duty to protect your account information. May I have permission to review your account?

You(11:19:03): Yes. But make no changes.

Jefferson(11:19:28): Hello! How may I assist you today?

You(11:21:04): Does this statement mean that each box in my equipment bundle will increase $2 a month regardless of my current discount? Meaning my equipment bundle would go up $6 and not just $2?

You(11:21:06): Beginning July 15, 2012, the monthly rate for FiOS set top boxes, digital adapters, set top boxes in equipment packages and Multi-Room DVRs in equipment packages will increase approximately $2.00 per box. In NY/N-NJ/CT, only the monthly rate for digital adapters and set top boxes in equipment packages will increase approximately $2.00 per box.

Jefferson(11:21:57): Let me share the details with you.

Jefferson(11:22:17): Your price would go up by $2/month. Your existing discounts would remain there till Verizon is committed to it.

You(11:24:21): It is very confusing because it says per STB. I was told by another individual it would begin in May. My existing MRDVR equipment bundle I thought was for as long as I had the service?

You(11:24:50): MRDVR Bundle

Jefferson(11:25:15): I can understand that. It seems that you are currently having 1 MR DVR and 2 set top boxes?

You(11:25:23): Yes

You(11:26:00): From $33.95 to $35.95?

Jefferson(11:26:25): The current price of the bundle would be $33.99/month.

You(11:26:34): I mean $35.95 or $2 more

You(11:26:46): ok .99

Jefferson(11:27:37): The price would go up by $6/month since it would increase by $2/month/box.

You(11:29:34): So it would be $6 more, like I said. Not just $2 more. This would raise my total hardware cost to $39.99. So my discount I currently get would pretty much be eaten up by this increase.

Jefferson(11:31:09): I can understand that. Due to the cost of upgrading facilities with new technology and the rising costs of operating expenses, it is sometimes necessary for us to raise the price of products and services. I can understand your concern with the recent price increase. Please be assured that we strive to keep price increases to a minimum.

You(11:32:42): Ok so this increase makes everyone pay for Verizon to get rid of the QIP-6xxx series hardware and it really sucks. Just as I thought. Thank you for your time.

Your session is now closed.

Thank you, have a nice day.

0 Likes