Why did I get an "Service Disconnect Confirmation Email" email?
DownnedPole

My bill is paid. I have not requested my service to be disconnected. So why did I receive the below email? I tried to call the number but after a good hour on hold had to give up. 

Service Disconnect Confirmation Email

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,
We have recently received a request from another party to connect service at your current location.
In order to maintain service(s) in your name at this location, please contact Verizon at {edited for privacy} within the next 30 days..
If we do not hear from you, we will assume you no longer need service(s) at this address. Therefore, your service(s) will be disconnected and a final bill sent. If you have moved and need service(s) at your new location, please contact us at {edited for privacy} 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Fridayor 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturday. You may also visit us at verizon.com to place your order.

Thanks again for choosing Verizon; we are looking forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
0 Likes
Re: Why did I get an "Service Disconnect Confirmation Email" email?
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Please be aware that this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative with access to your account to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues, you should contact Verizon during normal business hours. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Why did I get an "Service Disconnect Confirmation Email" email?
schinfchin
Enthusiast - Level 3

As someone getting 5 or more such emails a day, here's what you do:

1. Check the complete email address to see where it really came from.

2. Forward the email to "abuse@verizon.net".

3. Google the number to see if it's a real Verizon help number. It's not.

If I had to call on each one of these, I spend 5 hours a day waitng on the phone. Many companies, including banks have email addresses you can report these, and usually starts with "abuse@...", and generally answer within an hour.

All such emails end with: Your Chase on line team, Your Verizon Team, Your AOL team. You get the idea.

0 Likes