Worst customer service
Goodbye1

I am very upset because I just spoke with {edited for privacy} in the Manhattan office who informed me that in order to continue receiving the $20 credit I currently get I would have to change to digital voice. I do not want to do this because if I switch to digital voice I will not have phone service in the event of a power outage and I do not wish to put my family at risk. My contract expires June 30 and if I cannot receive this credit, I will not stay with Verizon. I am very disappointed with how I was treated by {edited for privacy}. If she is exemplifies Verizon's idea of customer service, then Verizon is not a company I wish to give my business to. It is sad that a huge company such as Verizon would rather gouge its customers, giving less for more money, than try to retain a loyal customer. Perhaps my $342 a month is not enough for this greedy corporation, but I have no doubt it will be enough for Verizon's competitors.
Perhaps Verizon should look at {edited for privacy} salary and calculate whether she earns little enough to offset the customers she loses for the company. If she makes more than $342 a month, it would be more cost effective to let her go rather than allow her to continue losing money for the company.
Good-bye Verizon. I plan to post this communication everywhere I can so that other customers can join me in walking away from you.

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service
minded
Contributor - Level 1

Do you already have Fios?  If you do, you are already on a battery backup.  FDV works on the battery backup as well, for the 8 hours or so.

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Goodbye wrote:

I am very upset because I just spoke with {edited for privacy}in the Manhattan office who informed me that in order to continue receiving the $20 credit I currently get I would have to change to digital voice. I do not want to do this because if I switch to digital voice I will not have phone service in the event of a power outage and I do not wish to put my family at risk. My contract expires June 30 and if I cannot receive this credit, I will not stay with Verizon. I am very disappointed with how I was treated by {edited for privacy} If she is exemplifies Verizon's idea of customer service, then Verizon is not a company I wish to give my business to. It is sad that a huge company such as Verizon would rather gouge its customers, giving less for more money, than try to retain a loyal customer. Perhaps my $342 a month is not enough for this greedy corporation, but I have no doubt it will be enough for Verizon's competitors.
Perhaps Verizon should look at {edited for privacy} and calculate whether she earns little enough to offset the customers she loses for the company. If she makes more than $342 a month, it would be more cost effective to let her go rather than allow her to continue losing money for the company.
Good-bye Verizon. I plan to post this communication everywhere I can so that other customers can join me in walking away from you.

You are acting like she unilaterally decided to take away your discount. She's doing what company policy dictates. It's the policy you need to be upset about, not the employee just doing their job.

0 Likes