Switch Account

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor krisxrva
Contributor

I have my new fios service installed and received an email to redeem my $100 giftcard.  The link just takes me to a dead page and there is no button to click when I sign in like the email instructs.  How can this be resolved?

153 REPLIES 153
Contributor alumboom
Contributor

I am having the exact same issue.  Email has two links.  One give Yellow Error page, the other allows me to sign into my account, but no Gift Card image is available per the instructions on the E-Mail I received.

Contributor lissy
Contributor

Having the same issue too! Chatted with 3 different people on Friday and also called and no one could help. Best they could do was say wait it out and see if the gift card appears. Well guess what? It still hasn't appeared. On chat again today but waiting forever to actually get someone from Verizon. Have seen a few different posts about this. You would think Verizon would have this figured out by now.

Highlighted
Contributor klmclark
Contributor
Message 4 of 154
(3,421 Views)

I received an email stating 

Congratulations on getting Fios® in your home. As a reminder, your Fios order qualified for a year of Amazon Prime and an Echo (2nd Gen) Once your service has been installed for 30 days, we'll send you an email with instructions on how to redeem.

Good news! You don't have to wait 30 days to redeem the Black Friday Weekend Bonus you chose below.

Register for your $100 Amazon.com Gift Card*

1. Click the Get it now button below and sign in using your My Verizon user ID and password
  2. Once signed in click on the gift card image and follow the instructions to register for your card.
  3. Watch for your card to arrive approximately 24-48 hours after you register

My Verizon

Thanks for choosing Fios.

However when I click on the link I get this on a yellow screen:

We are sorry, but a problem with your request has occured.
Please use the Back button below to return to the previous page.

If the problem persists, contact your supervisor.

My supervisor? Really? I would really love to have the Amazon Gift card instead of contacting my supervisor. 

Please help...

Contributor krisxrva
Contributor

Is there no resolution for this?

Contributor MadSuper
Contributor

I’m having the same issue and Verizon says to call Blackhawk who tells me to call Promotions, who tells me to call Verizon. Seriously, this is a game I think. 

Contributor Amazen
Contributor
Message 7 of 154
(3,378 Views)

I just setup my Verizon Service but am not able to register for my $100 amazon gift card because the email directs you to a link that does not exist.  I see that there are literally hundreds of messages on this board regarding the same issue.  Although there are many moderators who have responded to these posts, not a single one has posted a solution.  Also, the same scam has been being run for months since the postings date back.  I guess this may be standard operating procedure, but it seems like a gross mishandling of new customers. 

Contributor joser
Contributor
Message 8 of 154
(3,346 Views)

got the same thing 2 hours on the phone for nothing!!

Contributor AT1234
Contributor
Message 9 of 154
(3,323 Views)

I signed up for triple play during black Friday promotion and received an email prompting me to redeem the 100 dollar Amazon GC but the link says need to wait 24 to 48 hours after install which it has already passed. I called customer service and after an hour of waiting this guys says it's a known issue and I need to actually wait 30 days before trying to redeem this. Did anyone have any success in getting the Amazon giftcard?

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor
Message 10 of 154
(3,302 Views)

I was able to register for the card on Friday Nov 30th, but as of today have not received the egift card either. When I check the status of the reward, I see a message saying I'll be eligible for the reward in some 50 odd days. The Fios rep on the phone told me that the gift card is issued by a third party agent . The "third party" rep stated that the reward could take 4-6 wks to be mailed. (?) I explained that the promotion was for an egift card and that it was supposed to be received within 48 hrs of registering for it. He transferred me to a supervisor, but I was on hold for 30 minutes and had to hang up.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.