quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Copper Contributor PatD03
Copper Contributor

So I just got call back regarding the Black Friday deal.  Apparently it’s an IT problem and the links are not redirecting people correctly or sending them the visa gift card which is in a separate promotion they were running.  Said the IT are aware of the problem and an email went out today to Verizon departments letting them know.  She said should be fixed in next few days. Fingers crossed. 

Contributor joser
Contributor

Gave me the runaround too. No follow up. Total scam .lets see if i get the prime and echo!  They send you around the world make you wait hours on the phone and you end up back at square one. Bab bad customer service!!!

Copper Contributor PatD03
Copper Contributor

So maybe they are working on it. Just checked on my fios app. Now it says unavailable to check status at this time! 

Copper Contributor frenzytom
Copper Contributor

Same here...called 3-4 agents and they all basically said to wait. Why send the email if it is not ready? There is a bulletin stating it should be fixed by 12/6. It is near the end of the day so i am not holding hope it will be resolved. Fix this please.

Contributor MsJoy
Contributor
Message 25 of 154
(1,199 Views)

After falling for the Black Friday deal, I signed up for Verizon Fios, and had everything installed on December 3. The next day, I got an email to sign into my account, and click on an Amazon Gift Card image to redeem my $100 gift card offer. There was no gift card image. I saw other posts that others were having the same problem. It is now 12/7 and I tried again. I see the image now, but when I go to register, I get a message that reads "Sorry. We could not find a matching record for the account information provided." It further says "Please note that if your service was installed within the last 24-48 hours, our system may not yet be updated with your new account information. Please wait 24-48 hours". It's been 96 hours since my service was installed. I switched to Verizon because I hated Optimum customer service. And now I'm finding that Verizon isn't much better. Just awful.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
Message 26 of 154
(1,161 Views)

We apologize for the gift card redemption link issues you have encountered. The team has been working on identifying the root cause of the issue and they have identified two possible causes. The link may not work for an account that has not been activated or if the customer has not yet agreed to the Terms of Service. While the following instructions for account activation may not resolve the problem for all customers, please try them before requesting help with missing or non-working gift card redemption links:

If you have a new account, please activate it by going to this webpage:

https://activate.verizon.com/register/login

If you have an existing account, please use this link:

https://activate.verizon.com/register/useridlogin

Nilsa
Community Manager

Copper Contributor
Message 27 of 154
(1,128 Views)

That is not working since I am already activated. Spent a few more hours and countless reps who don't know the status of this promotion. I am giving them a few more days and they will have less customer. This is so frustrating and customer service is not helpful at all. Aside from the standard copy and paste of what they need to say. Customer should be happy and not given the run-around.

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor
Message 28 of 154
(1,116 Views)

Please, my reward was already activated days ago, I am just waiting for the actual reward, which the email stated I would get within 48 hrs of activatimg the reward. Please, respond to this. Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor ymsmith86
Contributor
Message 29 of 154
(1,119 Views)

I am a new customer. Ordered services over Black Friday weekend. Service installed on 12/3. Received the email from verizon on 12/4, saying it is time to redeem my $100 amazon gift card black friday bonus and to click a link.  My fios app does not show amazon gift card that was promised, and the link does not work.  please help!

Copper Contributor

Any updates on this???

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios