quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor NJ123
Contributor

I got Verizon Fios installed on 12/15 and I got email to redeem Amazon Gift card. When I clink to register it does allow to do anything there. I called Fios and disconnected after an hour waiting on the phone. I have called few times but no one pick up phone once customer service transfer phone to promotion department. It’s very frustrating. 

Contributor Bell132
Contributor

It’s extremely frustrating. I was suppose to get a prepaid $100.00 Visa card after I signed up in August. It’s now January and still nothing. They just gave me a number to Blackhawk. Does anyone know what Blackhawk is?  So odd. 

Contributor PK2
Contributor
Message 93 of 154
(792 Views)

Can you tell me which number you called and how did you manage them to give you $150 as bill credit? Thanks in advance.. 

Contributor Kat70
Contributor

I have the same bad experience with Fios and redeeming amazon gift card. It does go nowhere. I spend literally hours on the phone with representatives. Some of them lied to me saying that promotion department is manually "fixing the problem" and sending me a card. The promotion department rep told me that they have no such ability. I was wondering if I can get out of contract without any penalties due to not fulfilling the promised services (advertised promotion). I am fed up with fios. 

I would appreciate if anybody could advise me in this matter.

Highlighted
Contributor Ctwiliams
Contributor

I have called six times and now on hold for the 7th.  Last time a FIOS rep. put in a ticket and called me back on Jan. 1st - her solution was for me to chat with someone on Verizon.com.  Just tried that and as expected --the chat person (bot?) said they had no authority to elevate this situation.

we should have the ability to breech the contract since Verizon is not providing what was promised

Copper Contributor frenzytom
Copper Contributor

Just got another reminder email to redeem the card before it expires! Talk about clueless. Left hand meet the right hand... 

Contributor Ctwiliams
Contributor

i am getting pretty familar with Verizon's different call support departments and thinking after the 7th call, they have spent $100 on just talking to me.

so here's what i have found -

- chatting can't do anything

- verizon rewards can't do anything;

- verizon tech. support can't do anything;

- verizon customer support - acts like it's there responsiblity but still can't do anything; they close at 7p EST and need to say something like "help with an order" to get to customer support

Tomorrow, i am going to try what the poster on the previous page that got a bill credit did - " I was informed to contact customer escalations." 

Contributor ihQHIQFHI14
Contributor
Message 98 of 154
(723 Views)

I need help as  well. I can't register as it takes me to the my rewards page. HELP!!!!! I AM SUPPOSE TO GET A $50 Amazon Gift Card!!

Contributor minux
Contributor

I am very confused why FiOS would run a promotion that they can not honor.

Contributor FiOS_Freak
Contributor
Message 100 of 154
(726 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue. It looks like this Amazon Gift Card scam has been going on for YEARS! There are topics in this forum dating back to 2012. I might file a complaint with the BBB. Maybe that will get the ball rolling.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios