quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Highlighted
Contributor hrcNY
Contributor
Message 101 of 154
(728 Views)

I have a notice on MyVerizon stating "Please do not forget to register for your Amazon.com Gift Card before 02/06/2019". 

When I click on register, I receive the message "Sorry. We could not find a matching record for the account information provided. Please note that if your service was installed within the last 24-48 hours, our system may not yet be updated with your new account information. Please wait 24-48 hours, then log back into My Verizon and click on the "Fios Welcome Bonus" link to complete the registration of your card or check your card shipping status."If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact us at 1.800.837.4966

After multiple calls and hours on the phone and chat there is no resolution. 

Copper Contributor frenzytom
Copper Contributor
Message 102 of 154
(709 Views)

And calling that number will bring you to the main customer service line and they will be unable to assist with this. I spoke to no less then 15 people and hours of time regarding this issue and still nowhere. 

I finally got to redeem the free 1-yr Prime and Echo today and I can't believe I got those promos faster then the $100 promo. Go figure...

Here is an idea Verizon...why dont you go to Amazon and buy $100 gift cards and send them to the ones that got this promotion? It is a sure lot easier and might even make the remaining new customers a shed of some sort of compensation for all the pain we had to endure for our troubles...

Contributor foxiness
Contributor
Message 103 of 154
(705 Views)

How were you able to redeem the amazon prime and echo promotion? Did the "Redeem Now" link just magically show up on your account?

Copper Contributor
Message 104 of 154
(700 Views)

Yes, the Prime and Echo redeem buttons has always been on my "dashboard" page in My Verizon. I wasn't able to redeem them until today. The $100 Amazon graphic/ redeem button is there also but it links me to the page where it states it can't find my account info.

The Prime/Echo buttons linked directly to Amazon where you would check out your cart normally and it is sent out by Amazon. The Cart will show $0 so it is free (w/ free shipping)

Contributor Screen_Name_123
Contributor
Message 105 of 154
(692 Views)

This is now the second gift card that Verizon has "given" me that I've been unable to redeem.  I was initially "given" a $200 Visa prepaid gift card, which I spent hours talking and chatting to various customer service representatives trying to acquire, all to no avail.  Today I was "given" a second $50 Visa prepaid gift card, and there is still no link to acquire it.  If you peruse these message boards long enough, you will find hundreds, if not thousands, of posts all detailing the same scenario.  Why can't Verizon fix the issue and provide what was promised?

Contributor DoBetter1
Contributor
Message 106 of 154
(688 Views)

I ordered my Verizon service during Black Friday sale, and I was supposed to recieve a $100 Amazon Gift Card after installation.  It's been over 7 days since installation and the link on the app and My Verizon page is still not there.  Have tried to reach Verizon customer service via online chatting and phone calls, totally wasting time, after hours on hold I'm stilll with no answers. Verizon, where is my $100 Amazon gift card?

Contributor doscart
Contributor
Message 107 of 154
(645 Views)

Please help with registration- Redeem link in email is worthless as are instructions below.    Thanks-

It's time to redeem! Don't forget you get a $100Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card*

Follow the instructions below to redeem your reward. The sooner you redeem, the sooner you can start spending.

Register for your $100Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card

A. Click the Redeem now button below

B. Sign in using your My Verizon user ID and password

C. Once signed in click on the $100Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card image

D. Follow the instructions to register for your $100Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card

E. Watch for your card to arrive approximately 30 days after you submit the registration

Contributor CharlesL
Contributor
Message 108 of 154
(633 Views)

Yes, same here. Called so many times and no one knows anything about this. It needs to be reported!!!!

Copper Contributor

Let's try to get this resolved. Here is the Verizon Leadership page where we can write to the team to try to get this resolved. We need to start from the top.

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Contributor JayMee
Contributor
Message 110 of 154
(602 Views)

Verizon FiOS has, undeniably, the WORST "customer service"! I have now spent a total of 7.5 hours on hold this week. The most recent was 1.25 hours on hold and then they transferred me to the wrong department! This is all over a $100.00 sign-up bonus I was promised "within 24 hours of service being installed". It is now over 35 days past service installation and NO RESOLUTION from Verizon! The Board of Directors should be ashamed of its company! I'm going back to Comcast. I should have never left them. All of this angst over a lousy $100.00! Why a "customer (no) service" agent can't be empowered to credit a customer when, it was absolutely determined that it was Verizon's fault, is beyond me. Mr. McAdam you should be absolutely ashamed of your company. Of course, $100.00 to you is nothing. However, to your subscribers, it could mean the world. Your advertising is fictitious in regards to promotions. Shame on you!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios