Switch Account

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor overit
Contributor
Message 131 of 154
(765 Views)

Back in October when I signed up for fios they were offering a $100.00 gift card. As of today I've not received it so i called them and now they say that never was an offer. Has this happened to anyone else?  I hated comcast as they would screw you any way they could noe it seems as fios is doing the same thing.

Contributor mlmimi
Contributor
Message 132 of 154
(719 Views)

I have tried everything to get the $100 Amazon gift card from when I signed up during Black Friday.

Contributor rpalmieri0805
Contributor
Message 133 of 154
(688 Views)

I signed up for Verizon on Black Friday 2018 and with signing up was supposed to receive an link on MyVerizon page the day after the install to  register for a $100 Amazon ecard and use for the hilodays.  that day gone and went and I never recived the link on my verizon page.  Called customer service multiple times and nobody knew about the promotion.  Finnally one representative said that I would have to wait a month to get the link.  3 days after that phone call I received the link on myverizon page and registered for the Amazon giftcards.  once registered for the cards it stated that I had to wait 60 days till 1/28/19 to receive the ecards in my email a contradiction to the terms of the promation when i signed up for verizon that stated after 24 hours of the installtion i can register and receive the card instantly to use for presents for the holiday.  Be that that it may 1/28/19 came and went and I still havent received any emails with the ecards.  This has been the worst experience with Verizon and i will not be telling anyone of my friends and family about moving over nor will I be renewing my contract when it ends.   Customer servce has been the worst I have seen with this company.  I may never receive this promation at the rate this is going.

R

Contributor DeniseH
Contributor

Has this been resolved for anyone?  I am having the same problem.  I received the email yesterday to redeem for the $100 Amazon gift card.  Two links in the email, one takes me to My Verizon home page, with no gift card image.  The other takes me to an error page.  Chatted online with Verizon rep, but no resolution.  Tried thru the app as well with the same results.

Contributor jschr
Contributor
Message 135 of 154
(653 Views)

I signed up for Verizon during their promotional period of giving out a $100 Amazon gift card after 30 days of their service. When I click "Lets Go" on the email, where do I go as I do not see something that looks like a gift card to click to redeem.

Register for your $100 
Amazon.com Gift Card.

A.

Click the Let's Go button below and sign in using your
 My Verizon user ID and password

B.

Once signed in, click on the gift card image and follow
 the instructions to register your card.

C.

Watch for your card to arrive via email 24-48 hours
 after you register
Highlighted
Contributor bata66
Contributor

Samr problem here

Contributor Charlie1986
Contributor
Message 137 of 154
(621 Views)

Same thing here, keep promissing the card but nothing happens. Customer service knows nothing and the rewards department never picks up the phone. I will file a complaint by the attorney-general of PA to start with. These firms are simply scamming people and make us call to solve issues they create. 

Contributor Drake428
Contributor

I signed up for service and was promised 1 year of Prime, an echo and $100 amazon giftcard. I recived all 3 emails but the $100 amazon giftcard link did not work. It redirected me to my account and told me to look for a giftcard logo. No logo

Contributor aj33189
Contributor
Message 139 of 154
(593 Views)

I, like many other on this board, have had major issues redeeming my $100 Amazon Gift Card for the black friday promotion. I had service installed prior to December 31, 2018 and have waited patiently thinking that Verizon would fix this issue but it seems like they have done nothing. I was able to redeem my amazon prime membership as well as my Amazon Echo. I received an email stating that my gift card was ready to be redeemed but for some reason it is no where to be found once I log into my verizon fios account. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I've contacted customer support but seem to justbe getting the good ol run around.

Contributor J_CUMC
Contributor
Message 140 of 154
(589 Views)

I applied for Fios during the promotion of 50 Amazon gift card. The installation was done by Dec 12th. It's my first time to use Fios and I didn't know what the redeem information is like. I never receive any email about gift card redemption. I contacted customer service few weeks ago to ask how to get my gift card. They told me I need to wait for the internet service for 31 days and assured me that I am eligible for the redemption. And when I called them today and they said they don’t have a record and there is no gift card place in my order. They even asked me for the email to prove the promotion. OMG, it's the same promotion on their website. They just keep extending the same promotion, excepting from Amazon gift card to visa prepaid card.

I contacted them and asked just one simple question:
1) I signed up online during the promotion period.
2) I met the requirement.
Why there is no gift card in my order?

I spent a whole morning for nothing. Noone can answer it. This is the worst experience I have ever had. It is totally a scam. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.